Carb fuel overflowing issue: HS engine..A little help please.

GoldenMotor.com
New 4 stroke HS. It ran fine for a couple miles. Let it cool off then on the way back it started flooding like madd. Fuel coming out the top overflow, out the intake etc. I pulled the bowl off and the needle seems to stop the flow when I push up. Could it be sticking causing the flooding?

It seems to be more of an issue at closer to full throttle?

I'm running an inline filter and upgraded the fule line. Fortunately I nursed it home.

Ideas?

New 4 stroke HS. It ran fine for a couple miles. Let it cool off then on the way back it started flooding like madd. Fuel coming out the top overflow, out the intake etc. I pulled the bowl off and the needle seems to stop the flow when I push up. Could it be sticking causing the flooding?

It seems to be more of an issue at closer to full throttle?

I'm running an inline filter and upgraded the fule line. Fortunately I nursed it home.

Ideas?
edit: After giving it some thought. I'm thinking the brand new float must be cracked and just filled-up with fuel after a couple miles. I'll check when I get home later tonight.

I have yet to find anything on this Bikeberry HS kit that works...inluding the following:
- Sproket: holes drilled to close to hub to allow clearance.
- Mounting plate: is drilled incorrectly and will not adjust to work without severe modification.
- Throttle cable: incorrect housing length not allowing carb to close even with adjusters screwed all the way in.
-Chain tensioner: too short and almost zero verticle adjustment.
5G drive sprocket/chain: Sprocket is too wide for supplied 415 chain. Requires grinding/filing sprocket or purchasing 41 chain.
- Exhaust: flange welded so far off angle the exauhst tubing will hit the bike down tube even if you attempt to enlarge the flange holes 1/32 (which is all the material available)
-Now possible cracked float!
UNBELIEVABLE!
I will update later.

bird_e

May 4, 2010
Boulder, Co
I have had a few carbs on the HS do this. The float pushes on the needle and there is a little spring between, the spring doesn't exert enough pressure on the needle to seal the fuel shutoff. What I did was by-pass this spring, I cut a small piece of brass tube and about 1/8" long and put it over the head of the needle, it needs to be a smaller diameter then the needle body so it doesn't slide off. Now when the fuel pushes the float up, it pushes directly against the needle applying more force than the spring.
Works like a charm!
Bob

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Another familiar tale of woe from bikeberry.
One kit from them was all it took to teach me a lesson.