Hueshang 4 stroke 49cc will not come off idle

GoldenMotor.com

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
Well, my build is almost complete. Fired up the little engine and idles fine. Problem I am experiencing is when I give it throttle, it will not come off idle. I want to say it seems it may be bogging, and if it is, it is very faint. I have searched and found the concern with the idle/air fuel mixture screw being sealed and how to correct that. I will try adjusting the screw in the morning after gaining access to the screw. But I am concerned something else might be going on. If I turn on the choke it revs higher on its own. The kit was purchased from BikeBerry and 5g model and yes it has the "Hoot" trans. (don't bash me on the trans, I am fully aware). Kit was just installed and brand new. Maybe someone fire up their engine and said uh oh also?

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Ouch, if the throttle cable is connected properly and you can see the throttle linkage moving, then it may be that your throttle butterfly shaft is broke.

The only way to check that is to remove the carb from the engine and take a look. That's going to require diligence and patience!
There are 2-3 gaskets and a tiny intake "manifold" in between. If you're going to remove the carb, be careful and miss nothing, not even dirt.

worksuxxx

Jul 16, 2013
Omaha
Well I would like to mention that I got this concern fixed. With my extreme mechanical abilities and a keen eye, I found the problem. I had the choke on.