HS 4 Stroke Straight/ 5/8" Shaft?

GoldenMotor.com

BenBiking

Jul 6, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I bought a 4 stoke bike + kit from Heliobikes back in april. I burnt out my motor and can't find the same one to buy except from Helio. I really don't want to give them anymore money cause they ****ed me over a lot on my order in the first place. Does anyone know anything about the HS 4 Stroke 49cc 5/8" straight shaft motor?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I bought a 4 stoke bike + kit from Heliobikes back in april. I burnt out my motor and can't find the same one to buy except from Helio. I really don't want to give them anymore money cause they ****ed me over a lot on my order in the first place. Does anyone know anything about the HS 4 Stroke 49cc 5/8" straight shaft motor?
How did you burn out your motor?
Did you do a postmortem on your motor? :)

Bicycle Engines in Montana is the main importer and seller of HuaSheng 4 Stroke 49cc 5/8" straight shaft motors.

Their add is on the right column here on this forum.

http://www.bicycle-engines.com/?utm_source=Forum&utm_medium=motorbicycling&utm_campaign=smallBanner

BenBiking

Jul 6, 2013
Bellingham, WA
My buddy put my bike and engine kit together. He didn't use lock tight on anything and among all the screws and bolts that fell out, one of them was from the belt drive. Which allowed oil to lead out. I waited too long to refill it and ran it without much. I put some in and took it on a very short ride. It was alright for a minute then the rpm's went thru the roof. Then zzzzzzzzzzzz. Engine no more. And I don't know anything about rebuilding motors. My landlord says it's too cheap of an engine to have fixed. Thank you for the link. I did buy a new engine but the crank shaft was too short and had to return it.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This is not even understandable. I can't help you if I don't know what engine, bike, trans you have.
Please slow down and describe your problem better.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Engine no more. And I don't know anything about rebuilding motors. My landlord says it's too cheap of an engine to have fixed. Thank you for the link. I did buy a new engine but the crank shaft was too short and had to return it.
You probably bought a tapered shaft motor from gasbike.net

Bicycle Engines also carries most of the HS motor parts so it may be worth
rebuilding for not too much depending on what failed.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Where did you see 4g? All I see is hs49 5/8th straight shaft.
You must know the vendor he mentioned.
I get aggravated by people who don't give details.
" Hey guys! My bike broke. What should I do?"

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I've looked at the price of their engines. That engine is $170 plus shipping. I don't know what kind of attitude your landlord has towards money, but $170 is hardly something I would call "cheap". But I will say this. IF you are able to rebuild the engine and install the replacement parts CORRECTLY, it may well be worth it to fix. But if you aren't able to repair the engine (and not knocking you, plenty of people including myself dont possess that type of know-how), then it may actually be more economical to replace the engine than to spend and possibly waste money attempting to repair it. I used to be a two stroke guy and wasted money on a cylinder rebuild kit, not knowing at the time that my crank bearings were also shot. I would hate to see someone else go through something similar.

BenBiking

Jul 6, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Thanks to every one that commented on my thread. Sorry if I didn't give enough information. Special thanks to MotorBicycleRacing! I bought the motor from the link you gave at bicycle-engines.com. Their customer service was exceptional. They also have a good selection of motor bike accessories. Do either of you know of any uses other than parts for my old motor? Does anybody collect this stuff?