Started a new hobby

GoldenMotor.com

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
New guy from Missouri. I am retired with some time to persue a new hobby. I have built several street rods and owned a number of motorcycles. I worked in welding and fabricating for years. I was looking for an outlet for my metal fab obsession, I think I found it! I've started on a tribute to early "1900's" motor bikes. I really like the Pope and Indian bikes, so that's what I'm shooting for. Really and appreciate the information and inspiration on this forum.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the word of motorized bicycles moto pope. i love the old bikes to and really look forward to seeing your build of an old indian motorized bicycle or pope. great to have you with us

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
I have been looking for a bike I could use for months, no luck. The wife and I were in Wally world Christmas shopping, and I noticed a bike that looked perfect. I especially loved the big cream-colored tires. I mentioned that and several days later it was under the christmas tree! Who says there is no Santa? It was hard to chop-up a brand new bike, but I did it. I have stretched it 6 inches, lowered it two, and added a touch of rake to front forks. I've added the classic loop engine frame to the down tube and added two straight bars up top. Working on the tank now.

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
Sounds like a great project. Would like to see some photos as you go forward with the build. I hope to pick up some tips from your fabricating experience. You're going to love this place. It's very addictive just trying to keep up with all the interesting posts.

Thanks for posting, and welcome,

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Hey, Otto, a post you added, some time back, led me to select the motor I'm using. I followed your lead and purchased the 79cc Lifan from home depot. For me, it offers a modern (reliable, strong, light weight etc.) vintage looking power plant to a tribute build. I intend to attempt making it look "vintage". Would like to know how your experience with that motor progressed.