My on going Point Beach

GoldenMotor.com

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
Well, I finally got my bike running well. New Grubee 66cc from piston bikes to replace the 49cc I screwed up. Engine was shipped a couple days slow, but not too bad. One of the front mount bolts was bent, but I replaced them anyway. Engine starts up super easy, topped out at 25 without getting on it too much. I will be putting the SBP expansion chamber on tomorrow. This weekend I'll be ordering springer forks, A headlight and a half link so I can get rid of the tensioner. . This has been a very educational and fun experience. Thank all of you guys for all the info and answers. Here's a before and after.

Kelly

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Nice job. What did you use to mount your motor? Was there anything wrong with your 49cc motor, or did you just want a bigger motor?

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
My original Kit was a Dax 49cc. I highly recomend him and his stuff. He was beyond helpful. A washer got stuck in between the piston and cylindar wall so I got the 66cc because I needed just the motor and Piston Bikes sold the Grubee by itself. I used the stock mounts from the dax kit for the rear, just sanded the rear to make it a little wider and used the large front adapter with a u-bolt.

I am going to have to buy a new throttle this weekend, the plastic pice that holds the cable inside the throttle handle broke off. I have it rigged using a brake lever as a thumb style throttle for now. I rode it to work this morning and it's idling great, got up to 29.23 mph without trying to top it out.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Have you had any trouble with the law down there in Houston riding your bike?

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
Not yet *crossing my fingers* I work downtown and drive by cops all the time but haven't had one pull me over yet.