Cruiser frame all same?

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
The more I read on here about these bikes and how cool it is to customize your own, I am becoming as interested as my dad is now lol

We went to Wal-Mart and pretty much settled on a Huffy Cranbrook since my dad felt good on it and it seems to be the easier frame for one of these motor kits.

My question is, Are there different frame sizes for cruisers? I ride MT bikes and anything from a 14" to 22" frame exsist for the same model.

Is it really important to get "fitted" to a bike like this as if you planned on pedling it all the time? Are the cruiser frames pretty much "one size fits all"? I haven't seen different frame sizes for cruisers... Just one size really.

Thanks.... I may be building one for myself after we get dad's done....

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
There are many cruiser at our local bike shop in different frame sizes. The ones at Walmart are going to be all the same size.

For different cruiser frame sizes I think you will have to go with the higher dollar bikes from what I have seen. Bet yes you are correct, frame size dont seem to be such a big deal with cruisers like Mt. Bikes.

I think its important to have the correct frame size. I have a 23" specialized and its just too big for me. It is less comfortable to ride and pedal then my 19" Mt. Bike.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yup, Dave knows of what he speaks! Some cruisers do come in different sizes, but not too many. And it's not critical with cruisers as he said, as it really is for Mtn. bikes. The only real consideration is if the engine will fit the frame or not, and you want to be able reach the ground with a least one foot while your seated on the bike. I ride and race 18.5in. bikes but I'm not very tall at 5'8". Better to go a little smaller frame if in doubt, unless your young and still growing, which I'm not.laff