Luv'n 66cc cruiser!!

GoldenMotor.com

hennessey porter

Aug 8, 2010
Spokane
Had it 4 a month now and can't get off it it still. It's been teaching me a lot about engines. I've never been a fix it guy with motors but I've learned alot with this little dude. First my clutch went funky so I riped in to it and fixed the problem then the carb started leak'n then the choke broke I fix that too. man I should be pissed but i'm not i'm learning stuff and hav'n fun. The money I'm saving riding this thing is crazy, see I work in the mall downtown and parking is super crazy, first finding a place to park takes a year then you still have to feed the meter or parking garage. Now I roll to work and park my ride in the building. I love my bike!!!usflg

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,Yes they are kinda like the old Harleys.You always have to tinker on them,and they mark their territory.The beauty of that is they aren't so complicated that you feel intimidated and once you get it fixed you've learned something and maybe you can pass that leason on to someone else!Kip.

hennessey porter

Aug 8, 2010
Spokane
Ha guys thanks for the warm welcome. If I can pick your brains a bit on a problem i'm have'n this week with my bike. I Just replaced a bad Magneto coil as soon as I change it out I was fly down the rode again then the next day I go to start my bike nothing no spark again. I know I'm a newbie so there's something i'm missing. Please help!!laff

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Did you figure out why your mag went bad in the first place?
Are you sure it was your mag!
Check your spark-plug boot! That little brass insert that clips onto your plug could of vibrated loose and that would interupt your spark.
Those inserts screw in.if you look in at it you'll see a straight slot machined into it.
There's a spring behind the insert.
What I do is with a straight screw-driver try to screw it in as far as I can,when I'm satisfied it's in as far as it'll go.
I take a syringe with green lock-tite and squirt about a drop or so of it next to the insert and bump the side of the boot till the lock-tite seeps into the threads of the insert and boot.
Also make sure that your spark plug wire isn't so long that it's cocking your boot.Some kits have crappy rubber plug guides"the cap at the end of the boot that the plug slides into"this will put a strain on the insert,and eventuatially the insert will fail.
So if your plug wire is the right length this will help there.Your plug wire can be unscrewed and cut to size.
I also put shrink tubing on the CDI box end of the plug wire this helps keep moisture out of that connection.
Could be your plug is fouled these little engines don't seem to like lots of fuel when starting
I also use electrical silicone/grease on all the connections and shrink tubing after.
I also remove the kill switch from the throttle handle and slide some shrink tubing over the wires right up to where they are soldered to the switch and shrink it to the wires.
Then I reasemble the switch,This acts as a strain releif.
Well,That's a bunch of shots in the dark for yah hope one of them will hit the target your shooting at.Good luck,Kip.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i will check your spark plug its sounds like its fouled replace it also you could check for spark by pulling the plug out and spining the rear tire if you do have spark you would be able to see it also check your conections