60 MPH...achieveable? Who cares?!? Let blueprint an engine!

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
C'mon guys...some of you are making me out to be the school bully who's giving everyone a wedgie.

Chill out...It's just a bicycle with an engine on it. As I already said in previous posts...this is being built for a customer in Trinidad. As also stated in previous posts...it's the bike...not the engine, that makes fast a reality. 67 cc's, tuned, is more than enough to go fast.

The bike that I plan on using for the Trinidad build will be shipped tomorrow. DV went 43.7 on the GPS today. It was scary seeing him go that fast! That's it for this bike...I'm not willing to push it any further without a strong platform to take it to the next level.

Maybe I'll hit 52 mph, and that will be it!!! Who knows...who cares...it's just for fun. I told the customer in Trinidad that I would get the most out of it that I could. Plain and simple...I will have created a sturdy, safe, fast motorbike. If he wants more...he'll have to go elsewhere as I will have done all I can to make a fast bike.

Jim
OK,WE Will all shut up, would that make you happy,LOL.......You started this thread....What do you want us to do, just sit here and look at you post up progress reports and not say a word about anything????I enjoy looking and posting on a lot of members posts on this site....Nothing negative, just constuctive critisism(sp?),and maybe a little help given and received........I`ve done it, but never thought to post it on a site.....Everything is chilled brother....Just keep on keepin on....Lets see it....
Wait...is DVBikes also Creative Engineering? I may have missed a lot...

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Wait...is DVBikes also Creative Engineering? I may have missed a lot...
Yes...

DVBikes is Dylan...he works at my shop, and he will be the one to ride the speed bike.

The thread was appropriately re-named by one of the mods. He is young enough to chase girls and enjoy life without bothering with the bickering of a bunch of old cronies, needing a diaper change, discussing a fast bike. I on the other hand, am one of the old cronies...so I'll gladly keep ya'll up to date on what's going on.

Jim

Last edited:

DVBikes

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa,Florida
ok im sorry i chase tail and that i havent posted a bunch i do have a life to. this is just my job and transportation and i wish at the shop i could log in and i would post more buts its off to the club for me in the rain lol

ok so i give some pics tommorow

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
ok im sorry i chase tail and that i havent posted a bunch i do have a life to. this is just my job and transportation and i wish at the shop i could log in and i would post more buts its off to the club for me in the rain lol

It's a climax (^)

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Yes...

DVBikes is Dylan...he works at my shop, and he will be the one to ride the speed bike.

The thread was appropriately re-named by one of the mods. He is young enough to chase girls and enjoy life without bothering with the bickering of a bunch of old cronies, needing a diaper change, discussing a fast bike. I on the other hand, am one of the old cronies...so I'll gladly keep ya'll up to date on what's going on.

Jim
Cracks the whip at Jim, less time posting more time on the bike and get it done so you can focus on my sprocket adapter!!!!laff

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Better get some vitamins sonny, I chase tail, build/ride bikes and work full time. ;)

Oh yeah, and I mod here too.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i think this project is great, someone with credibility is going to see how fast an HT can go. i have my doubts if it can reach 60 mph with just modified HT parts. but i'm eager to see just how fast it can go.

if you have to go with a pouch jug and other parts then it's not really an HT anymore. other than carb and exhaust all the parts should be HT's modified any way you can.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Better get some vitamins sonny, I chase tail, build/ride bikes and work full time. ;)

Oh yeah, and I mod here too.
ZOMG a mod!!1!

|.o

Thank gawd I work ona 'puter... I've no idea how'd I be able to spend any time on this forum elsewise lol... erm... don't tell my boss mk? :D

Now if I could only build a bike at work too... hmm...

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I'm subscribing to this thread for sure! Lol, you guys are a riot! I just spent somewhere under an hour reading every post in all 11 pages of this thread, thoroughly amused! I love this website, I had a hard, tiring night at work, I come home, exhausted and miserable, I log on, and BAM! You guys got me in a good mood again. Thanks guys! LMAO, so anyways, here's my two cents...

I see the merit in the challenge, I can picture the customer in Trinidad saying he wants it to go as fast as possible. This Trinni wants to be a king. ;) I say let him. Lol, as for myself, I've had a piston sieze at 45 km/h, it wasn't pretty. I don't know what that is in MPH, but it's not even 30 I don't think. I'm only able to hit 53.8 km/h, on a slight downhill with no wind, and at that speed, I'm scared. I've bailed my bike many times, and hearing that lil unreliable, possibly made with a hammer in china, engine scream under my junk, I have a minor panic attack. If you are willing to try 60 MPH on a bicycle with one of these engines, be my guest, but in my opinion, you're a special kind of human. LMAO. You're two brave men, and as for the Trinni dude, let's hope he knows what he's getting himself into. I wish you the best of luck, the best of safety, please don't crash. lol, as cool as this would be, I don't think we want to put a memorial at the end of this thread. I'm following along with this thread, I'm interested and anxious to know everything went well, and it's a story for the record books, and not names on a hospital list.

Best of luck Jim and Dylan.

Damien.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
i think this project is great, someone with credibility is going to see how fast an HT can go. i have my doubts if it can reach 60 mph with just modified HT parts. but i'm eager to see just how fast it can go.

if you have to go with a pouch jug and other parts then it's not really an HT anymore. other than carb and exhaust all the parts should be HT's modified any way you can.
X2.......RIGHT ON...

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
**** yes I'm into this one....Like I said I am already ordering the 110 version of this bikes motor even the seventy CC's is probably a blast I'm going with the 110 because I don't care about the legality of my bike anymore, I am making it a small motorcycle and the 110 just reminds me of the old Harleys and Board trackers. Sweet bike though for sure, but damn its spendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.