Felt 1903

GoldenMotor.com

vincev

Aug 8, 2009
n/w indiana
I just picked up a Felt 1903 and plan on it being my next project.I would like to put a behind the seat gas tank.Has anyone any suggestions or things to look out for,pictures,motor mount ,etc. Any info would be appreciated.Thanks ahead of time..shft.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey

Attachments

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I love how he still keeps it parked in the house!
Norm,
EVERYONE of my bikes are parked inside my apartment since I do not need to have them ripped off from under the outside staircase even if they are locked up.....why take the chance?...Thieves WILL find a way.......

Be safe,
Salty.shft.

kojack

Feb 10, 2010
West Virginia
The first china engine I ever saw was mounted to a Felt 1903. In fact, the guy had two, another was mouned to a Felt Chief. He also used a behind the seat tank. He built his out of a piece of 3" or 4" copper pipe with caps and polished everything . He also used copper for the fuel lines. Very sharp bike.

Last edited:

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hi Vince, I'm there NOW! '1903'/ HS GrubeeG4 and I'm making the tank mount from Black Walnut. Should be done within the week. Over on motoredbikes.com in the picture gallery section there's a gorgeous Felt 'Red Baron' by 'Give me V-tec'. His more recent pics show a tank mounted on metal hardware behind the seat that might give you some ideas. His earlier pics show a tank mounted on a rear carrier. BTW, I got my 1.25 qt. tank from small engine warehouse.com here in Muncie. Hope this helps.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I keep my bike in the house also....My bike doesnt spend a moment without me lol....By the way,is that a air freshener on your handlebars???????????
John-John
lol..john-john. nope those are FELT tag for the front double abraham forks. I have not taken them off when i took the pictures. I am glad you keep your babies (MB) inside your house too,

jimrandolph

Nov 28, 2009
signal mountain, tn.
I would like to have one of these gas tanks, check um out. The 1903 is just like these
Jim
.trk
2008 Ridley Boardwalk.jpg 2008 Ridley 2.jpg 2008 Ridley 3.jpg

I just picked up a Felt 1903 and plan on it being my next project.I would like to put a behind the seat gas tank.Has anyone any suggestions or things to look out for,pictures,motor mount ,etc. Any info would be appreciated.Thanks ahead of time..shft.

scooter09

Feb 19, 2010
Minnesota
I have finished a 1903 build.Sealed tank with J-B weld (4)holes for welding gas to escape.New slant head skyhawk 66.Nuvinci hub laced to original wheel.Starts easy,Runs great shifting is like butter.Take your time,Thread lock all fasteners on motor,Upgrade bolts,nuts.Get the speed carb.DAX has a rear carrier gastank.Will get some pictures here soon.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I have finished a 1903 build.Sealed tank with J-B weld (4)holes for welding gas to escape.New slant head skyhawk 66.Nuvinci hub laced to original wheel.Starts easy,Runs great shifting is like butter.Take your time,Thread lock all fasteners on motor,Upgrade bolts,nuts.Get the speed carb.DAX has a rear carrier gastank.Will get some pictures here soon.
Awaiting for your Pics...