Anyone know about friction drive roller's?

GoldenMotor.com

beachbikeron

May 18, 2008
I've just started my spoiler project and 1st thing I changed the seat!, Then I took the original tire off and put on a 130/80x16 rear. It just fits .I want to install a Honda GXH50 chain drive, but there's no room for the drive chain? On the right side I have my pedal chain and on the left I have my disc brakes.If I took my disc off, there's no chain clearance! So I thought about another friction drive but the normal roller drive housing is 3.5'' inside width & I need 6'' to make It work. Any suggestions??(c)

lottahorses

Apr 10, 2008
Heres a spoiler setup for ya. Double belt gear deduction. The thing with the spoiler is you have all kinds of room, the frame is set up wide open, you have no brake problems (front and rear disk) and the frame is heavy and solid as a rock. I have a nylon sheave bolted to the rim (no broken spokes that way). if you use a sprocket you need to set it up so the sprocket is also your brake rotor or you will have no back brake. If you can go without friction drive it would be way better.

Here is an early pic of the drive (stage 1) and a few recent pics done

lottahorses

Apr 10, 2008
Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
LOTTAHORSES IF THE RULES ARE WRONG, YOU WON`T BE ABLE TO BREAK THEM! HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THE NYLON REAR PULLEY? NICE BUILD. I PUT IT IN MY CYCLE FOLDER. I WAS WONDERING WHERE TO GET THE ONE THAT SNAPS ONTO 26 INCH 36 SPOKE WHEEL. I TRIED TO GET ONE AND BELT AND DRIVE GEAR FROM GOLDEN EAGLE. I GUESS THEY DON`T HAVE ANY TO SPARE. THANKS RON:ride2:

beachbikeron

May 18, 2008
Hey, hows it goin! Here's what me and a couple of friends came up with for my rear fat boy tire & chain clearance problem for my Spoiler.rotfl It came out pretty good but the bike is heavy and I'm getting around 30 + mph. My friction drive KK Slick Daddy w/the same engine is 45 to 50 mph!:ride

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
They Look Great And Safe! After 35 Mph On Regular Bike My Test Drivers Get Nervous And Tense Up AND Sort Of Go Into A Bit Of Speed Wobble :rolleyes: AND I NOTICED BAD PUCKER MARKS ON THE SEAT !!rotfl I GOT MY LARGE SOFA SEAT TODAY, WITH THE VENT SLOT DOWN THE MIDDLE, THEY WON`T FIND ANY MARKS FROM THIS MUG!:ride2:

beachbikeron

May 18, 2008
That's funny you mention that, I found a small lazyboy recliener in some back ally the other day and thought 'hummmm'!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Beachbiker. The Sofa Seat Is What They Call It. Its The Largest Seat I Could Find. 12 1/2 In Long By 11 1/2 In Wide And Soft To The Touch:rolleyes: .