Engine for this bike?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Troyboy - I am new to this site but I find that all forum sites have this same attitude. You don't have to be an jerk to promote your product and you don't have to bad mouth other products. I am sure he said they were all the same because for the most part, with this little exception of your new slant head, they are all the same.

And you have to be crazy to say that a 66cc can't make it up a hill without pedal assist. I have a 49cc on a heavy Micargi limo cruiser with my 165lbs and I can make it up hills without pedaling. It's not that fast, but a lot faster than I could pedal.

Just promote your product and sell it's benefits. It comes off much better. Pretend your talking to people face to face, not sittin behind some computer half a country away. Venice is a nice guy. Be respectful.
Woe Woe Woe...
I meant no disrespect by anything I said NYNEOMITE. Much respect to you, Venice and this entire forum first of all..
I simply stated that all HT's are not all the same. I told you facts that I know. Not things I'm not sure about... Whether Venice is a good guy or not.. I don't know. Thats not what this was about. Its about all HT kits being the same. Thats the post I responded to. This is about motors not personality.

If you frequent these places allot "Forums" than you know its hard to read someones attitude in a text. I meant nothing more by it then what was said.. I'm from Boston. This is how we talk to people face to face!
No disrespect meant by that neither.

Sorry if I came off wrong!
Justin
Pirate Cycles

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Ok, I just figured out what you are saying... Fairracing says that your front mounts are 1/4" WIDER than others!!! (for fat down tubes)
Most cruisers need the front mount to be LONGER to reach the curved down tube!!!!
So why are you telling everyone that your engines bolt directly to most cruisers when they really can't? :rolleyes:

& I still want to see some proof of your engines 'power' claims, (not what the factory claims)

Thank you for pointing that out to me! ;)
Venice,
Here are some pics of a few of our recent bikes with the motor directly connected to the bike. The kit comes with optional longer studs for the larger/longer down tubes. I double nutted and used the kit supplied rubber isolators while mounting the engine directly to the frame. I said they fit most cruisers, not all cruisers. Why is this a debate? I thought this was about sharing info with each other. I respect you and your builds and no disrespect to anyone else on this forum.

You want power claims you'll have too read around, or below. No dynos in the Budget this week.
yhst-10337746512064_2082_1021190.jpg yhst-10337746512064_2082_1237748.jpg
http://motorbicycling.com/f4/pk80-j-limited-edition-slant-head-13117.html
yhst-10337746512064_2082_1475200.jpg yhst-10337746512064_2082_2565210.jpg yhst-10337746512064_2082_1926248.jpg
Justin
Pirate Cycles

Last edited:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I guess from my perspective it just feels like the frickin' universe rotates around southern california and it makes me quite angry.

Especially on car/motor forums....it's like if you live in that area you have access to ANYTHING...whereas down here I typically can't even find sports cars in junk yards (as a for instance), let alone a custom motor shop or anything else interesting.

Anyone have any ideas if the motors sold by zoombicycles will fit a Huffy Cranbrook without modification?
yes will fin no modification at all

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Yes, the skyHawks do not have the wide mount. But I looked back at some of my builds and I am sure it's the GT5 50 & 58 that have the wider mount.
correct . the pk 80 bolts directly onto a huffy cranbrook and a point beach those are two verry common bikes and also fits just about every micargi not all man i sure see some attitude here . nobody is badmouthing anybody justin knows his stuff we dont need dyno sheets its proven i've baught every 2 stroke kit I know the insides and outs of pretty much every motor and hands down a pk 80j is the best motor available power wise and packaging customer service and quality i have pics of all 3 mounts grubee starfires skyhawks and pk's so if u want pics i have them...

Last edited by a moderator:

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
The engine kits that are sold by eveyone of us are all the same size & bolt on the same!!
You will have to do a little easy mod to the front mount to make the engine fit in a cruiser frame, but you can find all that info right here!!

Also, plan on adding a front brake to your bike ASAP! The rear coaster brake will eventually fail if used alone!!

& "YES"... the universe DOES actually rotate around us!! It's a scientific fact that's been proven in lab tests!! :D lol
Maybee all your motors are the same. better get some new stock man..

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
so which one of the motor kits on Pirate Cycles is the PK80 that was talked about a few posts up? If that's the one with the serious power than that's what I want, I'm a heavy guy.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Venice,
Here are some pics of a few of our recent bikes with the motor directly connected to the bike. The kit comes with optional longer studs for the larger/longer down tubes. I double nutted and used the kit supplied rubber isolators while mounting the engine directly to the frame. I said they fit most cruisers, not all cruisers. Why is this a debate? I thought this was about sharing info with each other. I respect you and your builds and no disrespect to anyone else on this forum.

You want power claims you'll have too read around, or below. No dynos in the Budget this week.
View attachment 17071 View attachment 17072
http://motorbicycling.com/f4/pk80-j-limited-edition-slant-head-13117.html
View attachment 17073 View attachment 17074 View attachment 17075
Justin
Pirate Cycles
Try bolting one of your engines directly onto a American made Schwinn (or any old cruiser for that matter) & post some pics of it.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Note for Original Post: To post a link, save it to your clipboard

Highlight the web address of the page, then "copy" to clip.

In my windows Vista this is under "page" at the top right
Unlike the Word Processing program, the highlighting disappears then, but the address is in the clip.

then come here and paste in from the same "page" location

Like this, Voila!

80CC motorized bike
engine kit gas bicycle motor slant - eBay (item 190355072035 end time Dec-13-09 19:11:54 PST)

bicycle engine kit, bike engine, bicycle engine, bicycle motor

Last edited:

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
lol, actually I run Linux....I'm not having trouble copy and pasting, lol. the forum simply wouldn't allow me to post a link.

Computers are actually one of my main areas of expertise, I build custom computer cases and stuff too, administer Linux clusters, etc...

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
The only grubee i know about with the wide mounts is the GO-Sickem that we can't get in the usa.

The PK80-J does have the wide front mount.

I couldn't say how it will mout to a cruiser.
But it will mount to my ATB mountainbike perfectly.

Look at the PK80-J mount.
I have a little comparison there.
Also my extra supportive custom mounts to beef up the frame.
Gonna need it.

Also notice how i had to drill the frame for the grubbe mount.

Even my 2 yr old can see.

Anyway i have tore apart a Grubee and A PK and writted up all the details if you search for them.
You can make your own descisions on whats better.

I base my findings on whats inside the motor.

I am loving this PK.

r.ly.

BTW when i pull the Grubee off to put the PK on i'll take a good comparison picture.

Attachments

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
notice i didnt get the grubee mounted pic uploaded.
I had to resiez it.

Anyway that custom mount i made is 1.625 diameter.
You can see it makes the circle attached to the motor.

I'll Post grubee and Pk side by side this weekend.

Anyway i'm sold on the pk and i have seen every last pc of it.
It's my lil baby.

A shot of some of my laser burned parts.

Thats how i made the ex large length mounts.

And a coupla shots of that pk in her old bed.

Babys old crib / daddys new workbench. LOL laff

.crt.

Attachments

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
When you guys say "modify" the mount to fit a cruiser I'm assuming it's quite a simple thing...not like building custom motor mounts for a car. My definition of simple is anything that doesn't involve a welding machine, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.