Hello group

GoldenMotor.com

floatingphotog

Oct 9, 2009
Kewanee, Il
Guess it's time to say hi and stop lurking...lol. Really, I've been reading alot of the forum. Getting myself up to speed with the great info here. Don't have a bike yet. but I Will by next riding season. I'm leaning towards a beach cruiser powered by 4 cycle engine.
Terry

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome. Glad you've stepped in from the cold. Your plans sound good. There are quite a few 4 stroke guys here to help you with any questions you might have. Keep us informed and looking forward to seeing your build. Do they still make boilers in the old Kewanee plant? I know they sold out but just wondering if the plant is still there. I visited it once back in the early 80s.
Tom
Tom

floatingphotog

Oct 9, 2009
Kewanee, Il
Welcome. Glad you've stepped in from the cold. Your plans sound good. There are quite a few 4 stroke guys here to help you with any questions you might have. Keep us informed and looking forward to seeing your build. Do they still make boilers in the old Kewanee plant? I know they sold out but just wondering if the plant is still there. I visited it once back in the early 80s.
Tom
Tom
Hello Tom, I most certainly will post pics as I make progress' One of my many professions is photograghy. As far as Kewanee Boilers.... long gone. Small section of plant is used to make dump boxes for large trucks. Hmmmmmmm.. sign of the times.
Terry

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
floatingphotog, first off - welcome to the forum! :D

Second tho - what are you considering fer a cruiser? If yer gonna go the 4stroke route, may I suggest a nice vintage bike or even a Worksman? I figure it'd be worth the few extra bucks...

*shrug* prolly already thought of that tho lol - still, good ta have ya here and we're lookin' forward to see what ya come up with ;)

floatingphotog

Oct 9, 2009
Kewanee, Il
Barelyawake, Maybe when Santa flies over Ozone Park, Ny., he can drop a Sky-hook down from his sleigh and grab me a new Newsboy...lol...wouldn't that be SWEET! Really though, probbly gonna be something vintage. I've got a small shop full of goodies ie: air power, welder, tools, etc.... that way I get my choise of color....build a tank.....etc...
Maybe learn to do my own chrome. oh well, Later
Terry