aluminum Iron Horse irony

GoldenMotor.com

XnotedgeanymoreX

May 17, 2011
Florida
I had been looking for an old (read: cheap) cruiser to motorize for a couple months. Ran across this guy on Craigslist as "ugly green cruiser" and went to check out. Much to my amusement it was an aluminum frame, so I jumped on it for the low price. I don't know much about the brand other than apparently they mostly built bikes with suspension.
Anyways, it is an Iron Horse Zuma. The wheels are going to replaced in the very near future. After I get it safe to ride (and clean it up a bit, haha) I plan to do a budget conscious Chinese build on it. This will be my first build, but I have some fabrication experience and have been an automotive technician for about half of my working life.
Anyways, heres pics.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Wow clean it up~ Just joking with you..

The idea of rebuilding means you can do custom paint.
We tried to match colors for the gas tank here but it's not exactly similar. You get the advantage of the paint matching.

I look forward to reading about your build.

XnotedgeanymoreX

May 17, 2011
Florida
Thanks. I kinda dig the faded green paint, and have no plans to repaint it at this point.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can turn up a 26" wheelset with rear coaster brake for cheap? I have been looking for a used set, as I am on a tight budget, but might spring for new stuff if I can find a good price.