Pirate Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

Frickard

Feb 27, 2011
La Mirada, CA
Interesting. He actually called me and left me a message asking about my shipping preferences. I didn't have the chance to call him back the same day (3-hour time difference), but that didn't stop him from sending it out anyway. Got an e-mail the next day notifying me of shipment, complete with tracking number.

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
I bought some rims right after the move and got them pretty quick. It took a only took acouple of days for him to get them out. I couldn't get him on the phone though.

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Ive been emailing him had a few questions a week ago and nothing. Placed a order no update etc. Emailed him again and still nothing. Called no answer. Maybe something is going on dont know. I spent over 1000.00 last year alone with him dont know why no answers now.

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Good news....got a email back.....said they have been super busy business is going too well...lol glad to hear he is one of the better vendors out there!!!

Blazecc

Apr 19, 2011
connecticut
glad to hear for the most part thier fuffilling thier orders promptly as i have just recently ordered 4 or 5 diff parts. only time will tell

Jedrow

Sep 27, 2011
Missouri
Hailing from a small town in the midwest I have recently become addicted to MB's. Pirate cycles caught my eye immeadiatly because there website was top notch. They have an excellent selection of parts. On more than one occasion Pirate cycles have sent extra parts in my order as a pass the savings on to the customer type of thing. From now on I will only order from Pirate Cycles unless they don't stock something I want. I hope to visit their shop next year!

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
Scott,
I had the same experience with Pirate Cycles. Not once, 3 times! They have THE WORST customer service and despite 10 emails and multiple messages (When I could actually leave one) they NEVER got back to me. I ordered their manic hub/adpater and it was shipped to the wrong place. The invoice inside had my address, the box had it all backwards. When I eventually received it, it was too small for the Worksman hub it was designed to fit. I had to have it machined. I learned my lesson and will order from Sportscarpat (Sprotsman Flyer) for now on.
Kris (Guy who buys your grips)

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
What's going on at Pirate Cycles? My brother and I ordered a sprocket adapter and sprocket but received the wrong size adapter. Had a difficult time reaching them as they did not return emails. One phone number, 508-839-1100 has a perpetually full mailbox. The other one, 508-756-1125 wasn't getting answered. I finally got through on the 508-756-1125 number and they agreed to an exchange. We sent the adapter back over a week ago from NJ to MA and figured we should have heard something by now. I tried calling both numbers to find out if they got our package only to get the full mailbox on one number and a "no longer in service" on the other. Anyone know what's going on at Pirate? I'm just a little concerned. I hope they're doing OK.

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Its too bad they have become the very thing that they hated in the begining. Ive given up on ordering from them they dont answer emails or ph calls. As a Pirate once said "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Pirate Cycles operates the worst business with the worst Customer Service! I gave up on them a long time ago.
I must say, Worksman has them beat! Worksman screwed up EVERY order I placed (8) over the past year. They are incredibly slow, inefficient and take no accountability for their errors. I refuse to place any orders from them for ANYTHING!
Sorry to be so negative, but they suck!
Call Pat with Sportsman Flyer, he is reliable.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Pirate Cycles operates the worst business with the worst Customer Service! I gave up on them a long time ago.
I must say, Worksman has them beat! Worksman screwed up EVERY order I placed (8) over the past year. They are incredibly slow, inefficient and take no accountability for their errors. I refuse to place any orders from them for ANYTHING!
Sorry to be so negative, but they suck!
Call Pat with Sportsman Flyer, he is reliable.
I have never had an issue with Pirate, i just place my order online and the brown truck shows up. Called one time to ask a question and had a nice conversation with the owner.

Now Worksman...they stink...ordered stainless spokes...they sent me the junk ones twice...told me they were stainless...on both orders...still waiting for the stainless ones and its been a year...laff I will never buy chit from them again. NEVER

I am with you on Sportsman...great service... great product...never an issue...

Thats my 2 cents...

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I don't mean to be negative. They may have a legitimate reason for their lack of communication. Maybe there is an illness? I have had good service from them in the past so I'm wondering if there's an underlying issue right now. Still, it's a little frustrating and it definitely is not the way to build customer loyalty.