Da 2 headed monster

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
On this weed whacker type engines the choke lever is part of the air cleaner system. It has to sit above the opening it's why I'm thinking jar lid. With something glued to it. Lots of holes in it of course.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Deacon how are you going to syncronize the throttle between the two? I need pics too, to understand this build. I have two bags of M&M's that says you will make it work!

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
On this weed whacker type engines the choke lever is part of the air cleaner system. It has to sit above the opening it's why I'm thinking jar lid. With something glued to it. Lots of holes in it of course.
Jar lid with one big hole cut in it, then attach said sandwich of batting material.

You can also buy air filters made for computer fans.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
That front engine has a preset throttle. I'm going to set it close to the top and only bring it on line when I need a little more than the bigger engine has. That is the plan for now.

That computer fan things sounds good where does one buy such a thing.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I still need one but the two headed monster is dead. Sob tried to kill me. Bike was badly out of balance and then the drag from the front engine kicked in and three me off in the wrong direction. I figured it was trying to tell me something so I decided to drop that idea for now.

Just for spite I gutted that bastard...

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Deacon... don't go and get yourself hurt now, Use a "test dummy,er, rider"!
I have found a bag of M&M's or a fudge cicle works most of the timerotfl
No really be careful! Later Tramp(c)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Since I can't walk and chew gum, I shudda knowed I was in dangerous territory. about the 31cc It does seem to do better when you keep the throttle down on hill climbs.

I can tell you more tomorrow. I remounted it on the junker mtb I picked up for six bucks.

Since it is a mtb it has no coaster brake. It also had no front brake, so I mounted the motor on the front wheel. I dropped the front wheel from a 26 to a 24" wheel to get a little more room on the forks.

So the right hand lever is for the rear brake. The right hand shifter was broke so I'm just gonna tape it down. God bless the man who invented electrical tape.

The left hand shifter I'm using as a throttle on the 31cc motor. I kept the original throttle cable so i am using about 4 inches of the shifter cable to pull the original cable. I made a little thingie as a connector.

I had previously removed the derailer (sp) and the shift hardware. I shortened the chain and hooked it up from the middle front sprocket to the outside rear sprocket. I have no idea what the gearing is but it seems to work okay.

The pedals are a little longer than I would like but I am in better shape this year and my balance is better so I'm leaving the rear wheel alone for now. If I come across a 26" coaster brake wheel I'll probably convert just so I have a second set of brakes. The front brakes are history with the helper motor on front.

I have a gravity clutch again.. The throw on this one is limited to about an inch though. I might have to redesign it. I'll make some shots tomorrow when the sun is up. I am whipped now. and not in a good way.