New install dax 2-stroke problems

GoldenMotor.com

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
Hello all, I have been building this thing for a few weeks now due to lack of time and mechanical abilities. I finally got everything going, chain shortened was my biggest hurdle other than having to buy a drill and dremel kit. I think I'm only having 2 issues and hope someone can assist. I have searched the forums to no avail.
Problem 1: When I turn the throttle, the cable does nothing. If I remove it from the carb and hold the slide the throttle moves fine. I read about shortening the cable and really hope i don't have to do that since I have never soldered before. Also, this is the first time I have touched a carburetor so I could have installed the whole thing wrong

Problem 2: The motor starts, rather easily actually which is awesome, but idles really low I think. I get this impression because when I pull in the clutch with the engine running it idles really high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and re payed with my gratitude, which is exchangeable for cold beers in the montrose/heights area of Houston.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Have you adjusted the cable adjusters on the top of the carb and the throttle twist grip to take up some slack?

2. Turn the idle screw out a half a turn at a time until you get a good idle.

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston
OK, after some more reading I turned the carb slide around so the slit was opposite the idle screw and that fixed the throttle issue. Adjusting the idle screw worked also. Thank you very much, and thank you to everyone on the forum. I have been reading for the past 3 weeks as I got my kit together and wouldn't have been able to do it with out this group.