Dual suspension-rear engine build

GoldenMotor.com

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Thinking of building a new Next or Schwinn $100. Walmart bike with dual suspension. Want to use a rear rack mount with a pocket bike motor, chain drive.
Just built an alum. frame with a pocket bike motor. Works great, but want full suspension.
Don't know if wheels or swingarm are strong enough?

Attachments

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
Hey old motorbike, Theres a guy here in Pensacola that builds mbs like you want to.He is on this forum, goes by NEAT TIMES,really nice guy,he can probably answer your questions.Davidusflg

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Oldmb & David, Omb I Still Like Your Current Build. All It Needs Is A Free Wheel Rear Sprocket. A Rack Build Would Be Easy. The Dual Sus Should Be No Problem. If You Use The Same Style Motor And A Unmodified Gear Box Like You Have On Your Current Build (3.25 Ratio). 11 Tooth 8m Sprocket On The Gear Box And A 63 Tooth On The Wheel You Will Have A Final Ratio Of 18:6 Which Should Work Great. What Final Ratio Did You Get With The Frame Mount? The Muffler Will Be The Biggest Challange! I Just Got 2 Dax Titan 4 Strokes. When You Take Into Account That It Has A Gas Tank And Muffler, It Turns Into A Good Deal. Your Gear Box Will Bolt Right On. If You Use The Stock Trans It Has Oil In It?? If You Were Close I Could Thread Your Hub On The Left Side With Left Hand Thread For Free Wheel Adapter. David Was Up Here And Rode The Cvt Belt Drive With Free Wheel Rear Sprocket, He Loves It. I Have Not Been Able To Find A Left Hand Free Wheel Adapter, But I Have The Left Hand 16 Tooth Free Wheel Sprocket. The 8mm Chain Sprockets Slide On The 16 Tooth And The Four Holes Line Up For 4 Bolts, So It Becomes The Adapter, The Cost Is The Same. You No Doubt Have It All Figured Out All Ready. The Dax Motors All Ready Had Motor Oil In Them, I Added Straight Gas And The Started On The 2nd Pull. They Run Soooo Nicccce!! How Far Are You From Pensacola? David Like To Ride His Mab!! Hint, Hint! Lol. You Can Buy Hubs Threaded On Both Sides Or Complete Wheels, But The Price Adds Up. Ron cvlt1

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Building A Rear Cvt Build On My Stretch Cruiser. I Want To Be Closer To Mother Earth! I Do Not Like Sitting Up So High. And Its A Struggle Get My Leg That High!! Snork, Snork (as Dan Would Say). I Hate To Lose The Rear Wheel With The 144 Spokes, But Have No Choice, Its A Coaster Brake Wheel. Ron cvlt1

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Thanks neat times for all the info. That was my other question was attaching the sprocket to the wheel. I was going to pick up a bike last week, but work is going bust and I haven't been paid in a week
Everything's on hold.
I've been thinking to get a cheap 4 stroke, didn't know the trans would fit.
cvt? Is there any compatible sizes for drive?
The 2 stroke pocket bike motor is powerful, but still vibrates higher frequency. It's also hard to pull start and kicks back. The bike is also too high for me and hard to swing a leg over. I still want to finish lights, fenders etc.
I live in Pompano, so I'm far south. I got a wheel for disc brake on this one. and the sprocket with the holes elongated just fit.
Thanks for all your help. Jack