Mx style handlebars

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I get mine from junked BMX bikes. Usually the cheap kids bikes (both boys and girls) have the perfect mid-rise bars for a standard mountainbike build.
I like the "UJM" (Universal Japanese Motorcycle) seating position.
Easy on the back and wrists yet still good for hard riding.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Got my bars from a craigslist kid's bike. They have been perfect for me on two machines now. When I road long distance peddling '''younger'' I went the same set up basically, mebbe the seat a bit higher. This is a inbetween peddle stance for me on this machine. Lets me still peddle. I is pretty tall. Gotta take some new picts of this machine. Nothing has really changed tho.

The stance on this machine is a little deceiving until one sits on it.

These bars have hauled ridiculous loads of groceries with style and ease. I have been down the BLVD going 40+ with 36 or 40 LB sack of dog food draped over the bars balanced perfectly and the speedo still works lol. Just twist that throttle baby!!

Be at one with the machine...Heh Heh

Last edited:

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Goat Herder. "I have been down the BLVD going 40+ with 36 or 40 LB sack of dog food draped over the bars balanced perfectly and the speedo still works lol. Just twist that throttle baby!!?

Yiks! Hope you wear a helmet.

I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with Origin-8, I just like the parts.
Good price, good quality, good looks.

Like The Aleman I generally cut the bars down.
The Urban MX Riser bar is narrow, I normally cut an inch or so off the ends but that bar doesn't need it.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My favorite bar so far.......

I run these on all my personal builds. They are the Felt low rise with cross bar and cost $20. They just don't get any better than this and the price is right!

.wee.