40 + mile ride today !!! what is the farthest you have gone ???

GoldenMotor.com

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
I've done several round trips of 80 miles. For our Memorial Day Holiday (First weekend of September) I took a 50 mile trip on the Auffenauger. I like the suspended recumbent trike idea a lot. It'll give me something to ponder upon this winter.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
i love that bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much is something like that !
rogergendron1,

Thanks. I built the bike out of old donor mountain bikes. Brazed the frame together with my $40 MAPP torch. All told I think I have around $500 in the bike, and countless hours designing and planning (the fun part- other than the riding).

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
rogergendron1,

Thanks. I built the bike out of old donor mountain bikes. Brazed the frame together with my $40 MAPP torch. All told I think I have around $500 in the bike, and countless hours designing and planning (the fun part- other than the riding).
i knewit was uniuqe by the handle bars and front down tube but i didnt know if it was all out fab or chopped and where that seat came from. thank you

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That's 200+ miles right there!
Yep!! That's a helluva lot more miles than I've ever put on these bikes at one time! (I'm sure he stopped to rest his a$$ many times along the way)! :rolleyes:

That is a very nice looking bike....

I been curious to how strong those springer forks like that are.... I would really like to have a set of them on one of my bikes but have be curious about the durability of them..?????

Map
reddd
Those springers were designed & proven many decades ago! ;)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep!! That's a helluva lot more miles than I've ever put on these bikes at one time! (I'm sure he stopped to rest his a$$ many times along the way)! :rolleyes:

Those springers were designed & proven many decades ago! ;)
Yes I know they have been around for a long many moons, just didn't know if the newer repro forks were as good as the oldies, but as many of them as you have probably used I'll trust your word if you say that they are good durable forks, and when I'm ready i'll be getting mine from you, I sure wish you offered a 24' front wheel with 12ga spoke that has a disc brake hub in it, my next build has 24" wheels front and rear and I'd really like to have a disc brake on the front with the springer forks, but I haven't seen one for a 24" steel wheel with the heavier 12ga spokes.

Map
reddd

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
alright i am planning a halloween ride from woburn ma to seabrook NH !!! my plan is to drive all the way up to my dads motocycle shop in seabrook nh ! when i get there i will speend the day at his house modding my bike.

i want to
- paint and install the 70cc hi hi head
- change out the needle bearings to lighter stronger ones
- turn out the piston ramps perfectly on the lathe right now they are hand ground and not perfect.
- chuck the wrist pin up in the lathe and mill out the center hole to about 7.5 to 8mm essentualy lightning it ... i may however buy a titainium one befor i go
- polish the piston dome to prevent carbon build up
- let my dad have at the precision porting !!! right now all i have done is port it by hand opened it up some and raised the exhaust some also lowered the intake some ... i want to let my dad do the math for the port tming and then just mill out what needs to be and then clean it up by hand with a dremal. he has 30 years of porting and top end modifacation exp...
- i want to mill the jug deck down 1mm then make a 1 mm spacer for the case
- last but not least i want to spend the rest of the day mesuering up and fabricating an exhaust made from aluminum there will be a mounting bolck and it will be made from a 1 in thick block and port matched perfectly to the jug then rounded at the header opening to perfectly match the headder tube and then finns will be milled to it .. sort of like the jnm intake extention. the tube will be 3/4in aluminum with a nice long gradual curve over the motor strait back to the rear and the expantion chamber will be made from a sheet of 1/8 thick aluminum diamond plate i already have, it will be for tourqe, a long defuser cone a short belly and a 2 stage deflector cone with a long stinger coming out the deflector cone stinger should be around 1/4 to 5/16 ID and aluminum . a coppy of jaguars designe but without the belly stinger.

its about a 50 mile ride when done by all back roads no highway and that is about all i can take at one time on my motorized bike lol !!! so i am looking at a 100 mile round trip in one day. hope nothing breaks and i do not over heat lol

for the trip i am going to run 32:1 and 93oct instead of 40:1 full synthetic hopfully the little extra oil will help keep me lubed up at the high operating temps of the long haul.

i am sick of this stock exhaust lol its too restrictive and when its modded to be free flowing it becomes to loud and sound wierd allthough it does now help keep my motor noticably cooler and i do have a bit more power . i would like to make a perfect free flowing exhaust thet puts the power band right where i want it and i need to go to my dads shop to do it .

this is the exhaust i want to be riding the 50 miles home with... only with the stinger coming ouy the rear deflector cone not the belly. i like the sound of the rear stinger the belly stinger is too quiet and soft sounding where as the rear stinger has a louder grunt under load. and my cones will be made from diamond plate for looks.

Attachments

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
well anyway my main goal of the ride will be to visit my dad and get the puch 70 cc hi hi on and ride home with a new exhaust !!!!!

but i am howerver hopping to have enough time to install a lighter wrist pin or lighten the one have by drilling out the center hole and installing a better det of needle bearings and get the piston polished and milled perfectly and hope that will cure up some of the mild vibes i am having at aroun 30mph. if i can i will have my dad deck the jug and space it and finninsh all the port work to perfection but i do not think i will have the time as i dont want a 50 mile ride home in the pitch black lol

my exhaust is priority !! it should look like the one in the first pic when i am done with diamond plate cones. the head is easy i can drill it out for 8mm studs wile my dad is welding.. everthing else is a matter of how mutch time i have left after finninshing the exhaust before i have to leave to go home

how long do you guys think it would take to drive 50 miles on a motor bike non stop at a average cruise of 25mph ? about 2 hours ? probably more because of traffic and stopps and detours right ...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
well anyway my main goal of the ride will be to visit my dad and get the puch 70 cc hi hi on and ride home with a new exhaust !!!!!

but i am howerver hopping to have enough time to install a lighter wrist pin or lighten the one have by drilling out the center hole and installing a better det of needle bearings and get the piston polished and milled perfectly and hope that will cure up some of the mild vibes i am having at aroun 30mph. if i can i will have my dad deck the jug and space it and finninsh all the port work to perfection but i do not think i will have the time as i dont want a 50 mile ride home in the pitch black lol

my exhaust is priority !! it should look like the one in the first pic when i am done with diamond plate cones. the head is easy i can drill it out for 8mm studs wile my dad is welding.. everthing else is a matter of how mutch time i have left after finninshing the exhaust before i have to leave to go home

how long do you guys think it would take to drive 50 miles on a motor bike non stop at a average cruise of 25mph ? about 2 hours ? probably more because of traffic and stopps and detours right ...
Not sure how long it will take you for sure bt Ill bet you'll know when you get there.....

Hope its agreat ride for you.

Map
reddd

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Longest trek i've made is from my house. roughly ambler pa to lambertsville NJ :D

65mi round trip with our given route..... and we departed at midnight, got back around 6am.... and we've repeated the trip another 2 times, all whilst cruising a healthy 38mph with a calculated 94mpg

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
wow 50 mile rides !!!!!!!!!!!! and 12 hr sesions lol my hands would go numb !!!

you guys are pretty hard core to go 50 plus miles or you have got one comfy bike with good shocks !

i am trying to find front suspention for my cruiser but the guy at city cycles told me it was an odd size not standard (its a little thinner than standard) and he didnt know of a front fork setup with suspention and disk breaks that would fit without a lot of searching around and cost.

and yeh i should have done more homework and bought a dax balanced motor right off the bat ! would have been nice
Hey Roger let me know the size of your fork neck dia. I have an old huffy set of forks with shocks on them. They do not fit any of my bikes...Let me know dia. & length . if they fit your welcome to them "FREE of charge" just may need to take a ride to Bourne to get them is all, they are gold in color with black shock boots .

I heard running 93 oct. is a bad idea but in this cooler weather if your not over heating it cant be all that bad ! I like to hear good news about the GT-5 as I just ordered one from Gasbikes.com So far all Ive been hearing about them is how every paert in them is off sized compared to all the other motors like the key ways are 2.5 mm compared to 3mm on everything else the bore stroke is shorter etc etc. Of course I hear all these things after I ordered it! :) .wee.

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
P.S. I cant believe the Patriots lost ... and Brady broke his 52 games in a row with at least one passing TD ! that pass to Danny Glassandola should have been a TD .
"OH well"

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
P.S. I cant believe the Patriots lost ... and Brady broke his 52 games in a row with at least one passing TD ! that pass to Danny Glassandola should have been a TD .
"OH well"
I didnt get to watch the game but I know what you mean..... I was disappointed also....!

Im a multi team fan so Iwas happy that my Packers pulled it off...... discount double check .......!

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Longest trek i've made is from my house. roughly ambler pa to lambertsville NJ :D

65mi round trip with our given route..... and we departed at midnight, got back around 6am.... and we've repeated the trip another 2 times, all whilst cruising a healthy 38mph with a calculated 94mpg
wow 38 mph for for that far ...you guys would leave me so far behind I be showing up 2 days later