Already Addicted

GoldenMotor.com

KeenanB

Jul 29, 2013
Ilwaco WA.
I just bought my first motor bike about 2 months ago. I bought a new pre-built huffy with a brand new Flying Horse 49cc engine. I was going to build it up with some sweet performance parts but soon realized that it's not a good enough bike for me to start modding. Soooo now I'm plotting my next bike. I'm planning on a 29 inch crome genisis with a 66cc black flying horse with sound dampening kit, anti-vibration motor mounts, SBP shift kit, Dual boost bottles, Expansion chamber, cone CNS carb, monark type 2 springer forks, sturmey archer front brakes on a heavy duty rim, and disk breaks in back on a heavy duty rim. I'm still undesided on whether or not I want to get the Nuvinci N360 or just upgrade the rear derailleur. I'm just not convinced that the N360 is worth the money.

Anyway that is my project and yes my wife is just as addicted as I am. She will be inheriting the Huffy. LOL!

I would love tips and any info on the parts I've listed. I'll open a new thread in a diff forum if need be so I don't clutter up this one.

.duh.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Keenan to our community.
Sounds as if you have your work cut out for you and a fine project in the works.

If I may, I'd suggest you do some research here on engine mounting before you invest any money in so-called 'anti-vibration mounts'. Many folks have tried to soft mount their engines only to find that the absolute best way is to mount it as solidly to the frame as possible.
You can not eliminate the inherent vibrations produced by the engine. The vibes are going to be there and soft mounts usually aggravate the situation by transfering them to the mounts and mount fasteners resulting in failure of one or both.

Otherwise, you should have a great bike when you're finished. Share some photos of your project with us.

Tom

KeenanB

Jul 29, 2013
Ilwaco WA.
Thanks Tom. I actually remounted my engine on my Huffy with soft mounts recently and have been having problems with the engine vibrating and losing power once I get to high speeds. Now that you've said that about the mounts I think I now understand why. Thank you. :)

I will definitely share pics.

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
Hi Keenan, I would save your money on the boost bottles and CNS carb. The boost bottles dont do anything and the CNS carb is hard to tune, go for the speed or RT carb from Dax.