2 stroke running in reverse

GoldenMotor.com

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
If any of you guys figure out how to adjust the timing, that'd be sweet. I kid you not, first 15 minutes with these kits I thought, "Well, this should run the other way!"

Why? Jackshaft-free shift kit, easy ram air, exhaust straight to the back... I think it makes sense. =)

uniblab

Jul 12, 2012
Sheattle, WA
So if you make the engine run in reverse and also rotate the head and cylinder then the carb and exhaust would be back in their original positions LOL!

Holleyville25

Nov 19, 2012
Baltimore
I found out what was the problem on my motorized bike my magneto was upside down and i put it on the correct way and now the ***** moves foward im very happy yall help me out thank you very much folks.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
All it would take is figuring where to cut a new keyway. These motors actually fire twice every revolution. They fire at 19 degrees BBDC, too. It's the notches in the magnet that triggers the CD to fire, that's what is timed. There are two notches so there are two timed events every revolution. It's just there's nothing to burn, any fuel has to be compressed or the spark has nothing to ignite.

This would be cool with the jug reversed, too :)
Are you sure? at 19 degrees it should be running reverse charge which shouldnt charge the plug at all. However if you're correct, I wonder if we can get more power by somehow eliminating the second spark (you never know if it's harmlessly burning the gas that's being pushed up into the compression chamber, atomized gas will burn [though if it can be lit by a spark is the question].), if not, at the very least we should be able to get more electrical power without affecting the spark.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Are you sure? at 19 degrees it should be running reverse charge which shouldnt charge the plug at all. However if you're correct, I wonder if we can get more power by somehow eliminating the second spark (you never know if it's harmlessly burning the gas that's being pushed up into the compression chamber, atomized gas will burn [though if it can be lit by a spark is the question].), if not, at the very least we should be able to get more electrical power without affecting the spark.
I think the reason they have two notches is because with one notch it would be horribly out of balance.

...you think they vibrate bad now try it with just one notch :p