New China bike just built! 700c Thruster walmart

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Just got done with a build! Ive been crusing all over town and have received alot of compliments. 80cc on a 700c Thruster from Walmart. Got the kit off Ebay.

A few things Ive noticed.
I need disc brakes...
My engine sounds like it knocks...
Doesnt idle well...screw doesnt do much...Ive adjusted the carb severl times...
Dont think I get 100 MPG...
I can got 27 MPH...
o and the fuel filter only has a little bit of gas in it all the time...
20:1 mix...can I go with 32:1???

anyone have any comments on those things that would be great!!!

other than that I think it runs great!
Wow only 27mph outta an 80cc engine. My 26cc goes 30mph.It gets 200mpg. I have 4,000mile and i have only changed my drive wheel 4 times..bout 20mins of tinkering total.

I like coaster brakes. Your engine probally knocking because its cheaply casted aluminum. Those engines dont last long. theres another forum. and theres a guy named fabian that swears by em. and i asked him how many miles his bike has and he says 6,000. then he says oh and i have only gone through 8 kits..lol i laughed hard and told him ya i have gone 4,000 and im on my 1st kit..hehe
I dunno why they make a 80cc engine for bicycle. a bicycle is made for out put of a human about 1/8th of a horse power or 25cc. I hope you figure your kit out and have fun. I recommend you bring a tool pouch. you might need it.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Just got done with a build! Ive been crusing all over town and have received alot of compliments. 80cc on a 700c Thruster from Walmart. Got the kit off Ebay.

A few things Ive noticed.
I need disc brakes...
My engine sounds like it knocks...
Doesnt idle well...screw doesnt do much...Ive adjusted the carb severl times...
Dont think I get 100 MPG...
I can got 27 MPH...
o and the fuel filter only has a little bit of gas in it all the time...
20:1 mix...can I go with 32:1???

anyone have any comments on those things that would be great!!!

other than that I think it runs great!
got pics! lets see the beast!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Wow only 27mph outta an 80cc engine. My 26cc goes 30mph.It gets 200mpg. I have 4,000mile and i have only changed my drive wheel 4 times..bout 20mins of tinkering total.

I like coaster brakes. Your engine probally knocking because its cheaply casted aluminum. Those engines dont last long. theres another forum. and theres a guy named fabian that swears by em. and i asked him how many miles his bike has and he says 6,000. then he says oh and i have only gone through 8 kits..lol i laughed hard and told him ya i have gone 4,000 and im on my 1st kit..hehe
I dunno why they make a 80cc engine for bicycle. a bicycle is made for out put of a human about 1/8th of a horse power or 25cc. I hope you figure your kit out and have fun. I recommend you bring a tool pouch. you might need it.
You're right about one thing FOR SURE 2stroker, 27mph sucks. But in defence of cheap chinese two strokes, they ARE cheap. I don't think you paid $120 for your COMPLETE engine kit. Also, The casting of the engine won't cause it to knock. A cheap piston bushing instead of a bearing might cause that. I always check and replace if I get one. I don't know what fabian is doing wrong, but I'm on my second engine in almost 9 years, (sold the first one.) And I ride my bike almost every day. And you didn't mention how many tires you went through.
I'm glad you're happy with your coaster brakes, you must have the best coasters in the world. I've had a few bikes with them and what I've learned is they either won't stop you or they just lock up. Last time that happend I wound up on the asphault.
Anyway bro, to each his own. I like my 66/80cc cheapo chinese 2 stroke. If it does break it's always a (cheap,) easy fix. And as for carrying tools, EVERYONE that rides a motorized ANYTHING should at least carry the basics, including you just cause ya never know.
fatdaddy.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I run a rear coaster and a front drum. I have a heavy duty rear wheel though. Its double walled steel, 12g spokes, and a Shimano clone coaster hub. I service it regularly, and this rim is almost 3 years old. I purchased it around Christmas of 2009. I don't advocate a coaster brake by itself, simply because they dont stop you quickly enough in the event of an emergency. But with a decent front brake, there is nothing wrong with running a coaster.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
You're right about one thing FOR SURE 2stroker, 27mph sucks. But in defence of cheap chinese two strokes, they ARE cheap. I don't think you paid $120 for your COMPLETE engine kit. Also, The casting of the engine won't cause it to knock. A cheap piston bushing instead of a bearing might cause that. I always check and replace if I get one. I don't know what fabian is doing wrong, but I'm on my second engine in almost 9 years, (sold the first one.) And I ride my bike almost every day. And you didn't mention how many tires you went through.
I'm glad you're happy with your coaster brakes, you must have the best coasters in the world. I've had a few bikes with them and what I've learned is they either won't stop you or they just lock up. Last time that happend I wound up on the asphault.
Anyway bro, to each his own. I like my 66/80cc cheapo chinese 2 stroke. If it does break it's always a (cheap,) easy fix. And as for carrying tools, EVERYONE that rides a motorized ANYTHING should at least carry the basics, including you just cause ya never know.
fatdaddy.
I paid $249 and havent had to do any upgrades or tinkering. I have gone through a bike tire about every 1,000miles.. I use the low rider tire from walmart and it works great.. i havent had any issues with my brakes. of course i dont ride cheap walmart bikes either..i dont carry any tools when i ride..theres no need with my bumblebee kit..theres nothing to break..its not like most kits with several parts to install and tinker with..theres just the one bolt bracket..and the engagement bar bracket and that's it a total of 3 bolts.. they are coming out with a new design that is going to eliminate the engagement bar. My friend over at bumblebee sent me a pic of it the other day its really sweet looking. but to each own ya know..some like tinkering and having to carry tools..i like to just ride and have fun! Havent broke down once..not even a flat tire..of course i cant get flat seeing how i use the solid tubing instead of air tubes. I think going over 30mph on a bike is just stupid..its a bicycle not a motorcycle..when you hit pavement its gonna hurt that much more..bikes arent made for that kinda speed..I have a honda 250cr dirtbike for that kinda fun! enjoy your ride though!

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Hey I have the same bike as you! AND YES YOU DO NEED DISK BRAKES THE BRAKES SUCK!!!!!
Except yours isnt totaled, and your probably not covered in bandages..bf..duh.

Can you post a pic of yours I want to compare the differences...and i forgot what mine looked like not smashed.
How did you do that. hit a curb or it just folded? hope your ok!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I run a rear coaster and a front drum. I have a heavy duty rear wheel though. Its double walled steel, 12g spokes, and a Shimano clone coaster hub. I service it regularly, and this rim is almost 3 years old. I purchased it around Christmas of 2009. I don't advocate a coaster brake by itself, simply because they dont stop you quickly enough in the event of an emergency. But with a decent front brake, there is nothing wrong with running a coaster.
Just don't hit that coaster too hard in the middle of a turn, You'll wind up on yer keester. Cause they do lock up at times.
You're VERY, VERY right about running a secondary brake though. Relying on a coaster brake alone at 30mph is crazy. (I'm jealous of yer rear wheel, I want one.) We'll, A little at a time as I can afford it.
Tomorrow I gotta go get my bike from where I wrecked it. I think someone loosened my goosneck overnight. Pedaled it once, the handlebars went one way and the front wheel went the other way. And then I went another way still. When it hit, (HARD,) Is when the neck cracked. So I put it in my girlfriends bathroom and got a ride home. But it's OK, I got another neck in the shop and vicodine in the med. cabinet. But Dern, I'm out of whisky.
fatdaddy.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Just don't hit that coaster too hard in the middle of a turn, You'll wind up on yer keester. Cause they do lock up at times.
You're VERY, VERY right about running a secondary brake though. Relying on a coaster brake alone at 30mph is crazy. (I'm jealous of yer rear wheel, I want one.) We'll, A little at a time as I can afford it.
Tomorrow I gotta go get my bike from where I wrecked it. I think someone loosened my goosneck overnight. Pedaled it once, the handlebars went one way and the front wheel went the other way. And then I went another way still. When it hit, (HARD,) Is when the neck cracked. So I put it in my girlfriends bathroom and got a ride home. But it's OK, I got another neck in the shop and vicodine in the med. cabinet. But Dern, I'm out of whisky.
fatdaddy.
I never brake in the middle of a turn unless I'm perilously close to ending up left of center. I usually brake before making a turn. As far as the jealousy (and dont worry, I didnt take it in a negative way), I know how you feel. I started with a stock huffy cranbrook and a stock motor kit with no accessories and no customization (my second bike - first one was a kmart special, but pretty much the same, completely stock). It's taken me 2 years to gather all the parts I wanted for this bike, most of them scavenged from abandoned/thrown away bikes. So buy what you can afford, and use what you can find. Keep your eye out around your neighborhood and wherever you travel. That's mostly what I did. It may take awhile, but eventually you will have all the parts you want. I have been into this hobby for a little over 3 years now, and I finally have a bike that's built and customized the way I like.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I never brake in the middle of a turn unless I'm perilously close to ending up left of center. I usually brake before making a turn. As far as the jealousy (and dont worry, I didnt take it in a negative way), I know how you feel. I started with a stock huffy cranbrook and a stock motor kit with no accessories and no customization (my second bike - first one was a kmart special, but pretty much the same, completely stock). It's taken me 2 years to gather all the parts I wanted for this bike, most of them scavenged from abandoned/thrown away bikes. So buy what you can afford, and use what you can find. Keep your eye out around your neighborhood and wherever you travel. That's mostly what I did. It may take awhile, but eventually you will have all the parts you want. I have been into this hobby for a little over 3 years now, and I finally have a bike that's built and customized the way I like.
I've been into it a few years more then you, but this it the first bike I built from brand new,(Wallmart Cranbrook,) and put EVERYTHING I could into it. It'll get there one day. I have a friend with a LARGE supply of used parts and another friend with a LBS. It's just a matter of time and money. I still think ya got a cool bike. I'll post a pic of mine later. I did more stuff to it and want to post an updated picture.
fatdaddy

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I bought one of these a while back with the intention to motorize, but instead ride it to the post office as a regular bicycle. When I read your account of the crash this stood out, from owning a Thruster Fixie myself:

I think someone loosened my goosneck overnight.
Mine loosened itself up, even after I went over the whole bike thoroughly when I initially built it. I think the hardware all over the bike, including the headstem allen bolt are JUNK! If you guys motorize these, please replace all of the hardware, because the bolts are soft, which I believe is the cause of mine loosening up. After nut and bolting it a couple times it has stayed, but I don't think I'll motorize mine because I feel awkward up high on the skinny tires because it lacks agility. I bet it feels more stable at high speed with the gyro effect of the 700c's though.

Maybe someday if I get a touring fork and some brakes too, great bike for covering lots of road...usflg

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I've been into it a few years more then you, but this it the first bike I built from brand new,(Wallmart Cranbrook,) and put EVERYTHING I could into it. It'll get there one day. I have a friend with a LARGE supply of used parts and another friend with a LBS. It's just a matter of time and money. I still think ya got a cool bike. I'll post a pic of mine later. I did more stuff to it and want to post an updated picture.
fatdaddy
That's what my bike started as, a Cranbrook. I will give you a quick rundown of where all the parts I replaced came from. My bottom bracket, crankset, and handlebars are off of a Roadmaster 24" mountain bike I picked up at a yard sale for $4. My pedals are from a bike I found at a scrapyard, which didnt cost me anything. My shock forks are from another Roadmaster mountain bike I found in a dumpster. They were a little loose when I put them on my bike, recently I adjusted them to take some of the slop out. My stem is from an old Schwinn road bike I found at the park. My front wheel is a Worksman with drum that I got at the East Coast rally in August for $35. My seat is a Worksman seat, 13"W, which I picked up on eBay for $35 with free shipping. My rear wheel, which you already know the specifics of, I picked up on eBay for $45 I think. Unfortunately, the store I bought the wheel from is now out of business ( Southern Cali Customs). My luggage rack I picked up at WallyWorld for $15 or something like that. So I have literally replaced every single non-motorized component of this bicycle, and its taken me two years to do so. Of course, that's on an almost non-existent budget. If I had the money to go out and buy these parts, I could have probably had them all in a week or less. But I think I appreciate my bike more this way. There is no way I will ever get rid of this bike or sell any of my parts.