shrinking fuel line

GoldenMotor.com

smithmule

Jul 6, 2008
i swear it is about 4cm (almost 2 inch) shorter than when it was new

where do u guys find the fuel filters? im having trouble finding one here in australia.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Funny that you've mentioned that because on my first bike, I was told not to cut the line because it would shrink. So it had a small loop in it when it was new. 6 months later, it was straighter that an arrow. I couldn't believe how much that fuel line shrunk.
I use a r/c filter.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I change my fuel line with the ones they use on motorcycles, same goes for the fuel filter. You can easily get these in any motorcycle shop that sells spare parts. The stock fuel line hardens and looses it's flexibility. The best fuel line I've seen is the one they used on gopeds, but the diameter is smaller. It's very flexible and tough, and there are a variety of colors you can choose. I do plan to change to the goped fuel line when I get the Walbro carburetor.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have three pieces of the crappy aquarium tube fuel line I will send anyone for one thin dollar post paid in the continental U.S.

Better yet, spend that dollar on a foot of 3/16" fuel line at the local auto parts store.