Why do people keep calling it an 80cc engine?

GoldenMotor.com

pO0n RaiD3R

Oct 22, 2008
Bay Area, California
I have read in this forum and others that there is no real 80cc engine.
It is only 65cc engine and close to that.

Can somebody tell me why this lie keeps going around?
People who think there bike is 80cc will get 80cc boost bottles and 80cc tuned exhaust but the engine is smaller then that.
I got a 80cc boost bottle and I am so regretting it.

Thanks for any info.

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
38 Horsepower??!?!!? ROTFL

That's like 28,348 watts or 236 amps!

I think the reason they claim these motors are 80cc is that they add the displacement left in the concave head to that of the actual piston movement in the cylinder.

This kind of trickery is almost on par with what we get from politicians and their blowhard promises.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Somebody had a hilarious saying about Sears motor ratings - I wish I could do it justice. But you got my point. It seems to be common with electric motors. 8 HP treadmills, 14 HP vacuums, etc

bikebum1975

Aug 18, 2008
Connecticut
That's easy to answer everyone likes to hear bigger numbers. They think they are getting something better. It's the same thing with the computer industry as well. It's not always about the number either. But what can you do?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I HAVE A RECENT ISSUE COMPUTOR W/WIN VISTA HOME PREMIUM. 350 GB HD WENT BAD. THE TEC SAID IT WAS WEAR AND TEAR !! SIX MONTHS OLD !!!?? TEC SHOP INSTALLED NEW HD. THE BOX AND SEALED PLASTIC BAG SAYS 325 GB. THE COMPUTOR SHOWS 300 GB. NO BIG DEAL! HOW MANY FORUM MB PICTURES WILL 250 GB ALLOW?? rotfl STARTING TO RAIN, 15 BUILDS GETTING WET ! (THATS MY FAMILY, MY LOVED ONE`S!) :eek: GETTING SILLY IN MY OLD AGE!:ride2:

bikebum1975

Aug 18, 2008
Connecticut
Hey Neat times that depends on the size of the pictures. And as far as the size of the hard drive it is always a little bit smaller than the actual size. As far as the tech telling you it was wear and tear I highly doubt it on a newer system like the unless it was defective. I have had newparts bad right from the box hope that helps you The tec that gave you that information cant be a very competant at his job. Or he is a person that likes to rip you off.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
BIKE BUM. HI, I WAS JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF PICS 250 GB WOULD HOLD. IT WOULD BE MANY!! I HAD TROUBLE WITH HARD DRIVE FOR A MONTH OR MORE, KEPT LOCKING UP ETC. FINALLY I COULD NOT EVEN ACCESS THE HARD DRIVE. THIS TEC SHOP HAS HELPED ME A FEW TIMES, NO CHARGE. I HAD TO INSIST THEY TAKE A 20 DOLLAR TIP. THIS TIME THEY HAD TO PRINT INVOICE. THEY ARE 7 DAYS BACKLOGGED. THEY GAVE ME BAD HD BACK. SAID I COULD RUN AS 2ND HD (SLAVE) FOR MY DATA. TWO HRS LABOR = $100. HD $100 PLUS 15 SALES TAX. I`M HAPPY, BUT COULD HAVE ANOTHER MB KIT. AND MONEY IS TIGHT FOR MOST OF US, ME FOR SURE. I HAD TO FIX COMPUTOR, MISSED YOU PEOPLE MOST !! THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO READ THE PHONE BOOK. I CAN`T GRASP THE PLOT AND THERE IS WAY TO MANY CHARACTORS.rotfl LATER MY FRIENDS. RON (MAYBE DEACON COULD HELP ME WITH THE PHONE BOOK.):crash:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Try a 3 horse power blender ice cubes will kill it!rotfl If it was 3 horse power you could mow your grass with it!rotfl Maby it this gets repeated often enough will all beleive it?rotflrotfl

pO0n RaiD3R

Oct 22, 2008
Bay Area, California
Ok, I am talking to this guy who is selling me this engine HT and he is saying its 80cc when I told him I know they do not make an 80cc. Anybody know where to get proof that there is no 80cc engine.

Thanks

pO0n RaiD3R

Oct 22, 2008
Bay Area, California
So the biggest engine out there for this bike is a 67.5cc engine? I need to know to tune my exhaust and boost bottle. Ya I have heard lots about this bottle but want to try it myself with the correct cc size to see any difference.