what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I modified an air cleaner assembly from a Campbell Hausfeld air compressor to fit on my NT carburetor. It is definitely quieter now and has a lower tone to it.
Will post pics if there is any interest in it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

I modified an air cleaner assembly from a Campbell Hausfeld air compressor to fit on my NT carburetor. It is definitely quieter now and has a lower tone to it.
Will post pics if there is any interest in it.
Please do post pics GN. Took me forever to figure out how much sound was coming from the intake.

The rubber muffler works great but is only half of it. (well, the louder half but not by much)

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I've just been riding my bike to and from work lately.xct2

Having problems with second gear. Since gear ratios are very low, I have enough acceleration to skip every other gear.

I bought a card key at my workplace parking structure today. I usually wiggle around the parking entrance arm at the bottom of the steep ramp. My engine has to be tuned well, and gear ratio must be low enough to climb a steep hill. Some of my MB's were not powerful enough to climb the ramp from a dead stop. Luckily, I was able to push my bike into the workplace elevator.

Using the card key will allow me to lift the entrance arm. I will have a running start to ride up the very steep parking ramp..shft.

IBesides my MB's, I will also be commuting to work with a Honda 150cc scooter. Both vehicles are allowed free parking, dance1

Cars and trucks pay $120 monthly. (Visitors pay up to $40 a day.)

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO

Last night, I took the engine off and repainted it with some Black engine enamel. Today I got to put everything back in its place and on the bike and then I'm good for a ride.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

My car is in the shop for maintenance, so I'm riding my MB to the blood bank 4.5 miles away to donate platelets. I donate fluids there every other Saturday.

If I had to pedal, I would not be riding my bike to the blood bank.

To make a day of it, I'll fill up gas and motor 4 miles further to Ala Moana Park(near Waikiki) for lunch..

in the FAST lane on the highway..xct2

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Had my cruiser stolen(YouTube - ‪She loves the cold!‬‏), grocery-getter's running strong. Switched to a 44 from 42 for some hauling power, building a trailer for her, might throw on a 56T.

To replace the stolen bike, I've ordered a Friction 4-Stroke from a local(Southern Ontario, MotorBoys.com) good guy to throw on a full suspension bike I've had for a while. If the friction has enough torque I'll pull the trailer with that.

Whatever I have I'll need speed, so If I ever see my cruiser I can pass him, then F*uck him up...

No fun, but its gotta be done... :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Had my cruiser stolen(YouTube - ‪She loves the cold!‬‏), grocery-getter's running strong. Switched to a 44 from 42 for some hauling power, building a trailer for her, might throw on a 56T.

To replace the stolen bike, I've ordered a Friction 4-Stroke from a local(Southern Ontario, MotorBoys.com) good guy to throw on a full suspension bike I've had for a while. If the friction has enough torque I'll pull the trailer with that.

Whatever I have I'll need speed, so If I ever see my cruiser I can pass him, then F*uck him up...

OH Man Killer! That sucks. So sorry to hear that.

That's a wrench in the spokes and beat down offence, fer sure!

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca

Finished polishing the piston,wrist pin,needle bearing,rod end,cleaned up the ports and put it back together. I hope this top end lasts longer than a week.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

the fool who stolen it iz gonna git it make em' pay brother:). almost had mine stolen a few times

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

well its hard for me to do but i now have my MB for sale. she gonna need a new piston and rings. asking $100 and got extra parts to go with it. got it up on craigslist

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

well its hard for me to do but i now have my MB for sale. she gonna need a new piston and rings. asking $100 and got extra parts to go with it. got it up on craigslist
Man sorry to here that brother. Was it the famous roller cage piston bearing that went out? You did not have that bike too long did you?

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H

So I get home from work,I have been driving the MB because the wifes car is down.I come to a stop and the motor dies ,no big deal just held it for 10 miles and its hot.I tried to start it to go to the store to get me a beer it is seized?I pulled the head not good,so I tore it down.I broke a ring on the way home a destroyed the piston and cylinder.My ipod was cranking AC/DC on the way home didnt hear it.
:-||
So I had a motor with a new piton and cylinder on it swaped it out and jumped on then poped it over bang the piston hit the top of the head and stoped turning over ?It lookes like the piston pin hole is a 1/4 " lower on the piston?So I had a piston and cylinder off that was used but in good shape so I put that on and wow sounds good and runs sweet.I took that down the road about 1/4 mile and the rod bearing blew and ended up in the intake port thus blowing the motor.I think I hurt the rod when I poped it with the wrong piston.
:-||
So now I put the my spare motor back together with the weird size piston then swap the hole motor out,not easy has a charging coil and had to change the side covers to the ones with flames.So I get it all together and try once more to make it to the store as I am getting thursty bye now.I get about the same spot as before running good and the chain snaps and wraps around the spokes taking out 3 and ripping my rear brake off.Now I am thursty pissed and my rim is trashed!!!
.duh.
I pushed the bike home to find the retaining clip for the master link on the ground were I was working on it,I hoped on my peddle bike and got my beer,
going to give up for the day and drink my beer .Happy 4th hope your was better but mine was not a total loss still got my beer
dance1

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Wholly McSheet Brent! That is one heck of a day.

Wish I could buy ya that beer.

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina

Man sorry to here that brother. Was it the famous roller cage piston bearing that went out? You did not have that bike too long did you?
nahh its gotta lil cut on 1 side of the piston. think it was 1 of the clips that hold the wrist pin in came out and did it. i put my other set of rings in it yesterday and she ran again but still down on power a lil. was gonna pretty good this morning on the 10 miles i rode then i heard that lil pop and drop in power and said yup done broke a nuther ring. imma pull the head off inna bit. yeah its pretty much the 4th bike i had the kit on lol. a huffy cruiser

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Hope your enjoying that cold one Brent. Really, that is just one heck of a day. I'd be throwing stuff, cursing an' kicking.

Not that it is near as frustrating. But bought a Mill/lathe. Most expensive tool I ever bought. Been looking for my digital calipers for a coupla weeks. I brought it in last fall so the batts would not die. Well, used it a few times and lost trac of where it was. Bought a cheap plastic one but it could not do fractions. (only MM or inches) So had a 25% off coupon and bought another one. Happens every single time. Walked in the house and all but put my hand on the old one. snork.

Think I'm gonna join ya in a beer. (well, not in one but ya know wut I mean)

Turns out it is legal to buy beer on the 4th here in CT, but no one knows it! I showed 3 super markets the state. gov's web site and they would not sell me a dang beer!

Commies