Clever Bike Names

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I thought of a "Clever Bike Name" last night as I was finishing gutting the last few parts off the old wreck. The heavy steel Micargi Huntington frame fell on my foot. And I uttered a scornful name.

But, alas, that "Clever Bike Name" also happens to be a string of naughty words and indelicate epithets which I shan't print here. Oh well.

gia

May 28, 2011
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
I was just going to name mine "Gia Bike." The creative names here have made me think maybe I should come up with something more creative though. At the last minute too--the tank will get its pin striping and lettering this week!

gia

May 28, 2011
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
I gave it more thought, and my build in progress has been named the Flying Pig. Not sure why, but the gas tank will get itself a pig with wings on it. I've been arguing with each and every step of the whole project, so I guess that's why its a pig in my eyes right now.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
I’m calling mine “Excalibur ‘09”

‘09 because I stated to actually build it back in 2009 (Yep, I’m slow) and it’s retro styled to a motorcycle of the 1909 era.

And Excalibur because it’s a bit of a word play on the Excelsior brand that was popular at the time.

I’ve even created a Edwardian style logo for the tank sides.

I’m almost done with it now and promise to post a gobs of photos soon.

-Kirk

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I'VE GOT IT!!! See, once I get the tank from Fundreamer1, and I get the Delorto knock-off from Dax and put it on my 2-stroke, chain-driven JC Higgins - I shall name it:

The Chain Smoker!

(maybe)

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
I call my bike the "Whizz Weasel" and a friend of mine calls his "BizzleFizz the Horrible". I think another good one is Gasickle or GasBlaster.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
PIF!!! call it Pif!!! A common comment about the JND-4 Curtiss Jenny- "It's not really an airplane, more like a pile of PARTS flying IN FORMATION!" PIF!!!
the Old Sgt.laffusflg