Pls help

GoldenMotor.com

iantf

Jun 30, 2010
singapore
bros where can i get these bicycle with engine and clutch. do u have a name ot tel it would be helpful tks i am in singapore

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Bicycle Engine Kit - SGClub.com Friendly Singapore Forums
Wow says here they might be banned? Don't see it.
I typed this into my google
Google

Sorry that's all I know..
That is the first thing I did too: check the local laws. You want to be certain that such a motorbike is legal, or how it can be built to make it legal. Here in Indiana, I am an employee of the Marion County Superior Courts so, of course, you will frequently hear me say "Check the laws".
Glad to see there are people interested in these motorbikes as far away as Singapore. I am very glad to meet you here. I hope you find the help and advise you seek.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Oh...I just found this article. Maybe it will help you to make your motorized bicycle legal. I hope this can help you:

"What other requirements do I have to comply with if I want to ride a motorised bicycle?
You have to be at least 16 years old and you have to wear a bicycle helmet.

I already own a motorised bicycle. What must I do?
If you own a motorised bicycle, you need to send your motorised bicycle to any one of the nine LTA authorised vehicle inspection centres for inspection before 1 January 2005. An LTA seal will be affixed on your motorised bicycle if it meets with the new requirements

What can I do with my motorised bicycle if it cannot comply with the new technical requirements?
If your motorised bicycle is unable to comply with LTA's new technical requirements, you cannot use it on public roads. However, if it was bought before 1 October 2004, and satisfied the previous requirement of having a maximum power output of 200 watts and below, you can approach the LTA authorised vehicle inspection centres and show proof of date of purchase. The inspection centres will consider requests to affix seals on such motorised bicycles on a case-by-case basis. Please bring along the technical specifications of the motorised bicycles if you have them.

What is the penalty if I ride a motorised bicycle that does not comply with the new technical requirements set by LTA?
Any person found riding a non-compliant motorised bicycle on public roads are liable to a fine of up to $2,000 or a jail term of up to three months for the first offence. For subsequent offences, the offender is liable to a fine of up to $5,000 or a jail term of up to six months.

What is the penalty if I do not wear a helmet? Does a cyclist need to wear a helmet?
Riders of motorised bicycles, who do not comply with the rider requirements, are liable to a fine up to $1,000 or a jail term of up to three months.

Who should I call to report on offences related to motorised bicycles and what kind of information do I need to provide?
If you spot illegally modified motorised bicycles on public roads, you can contact LTA at 1800 - CALL LTA (1800 - 2255 582). You should provide your contact details and information, such as where and when such illegally modified motorised bicycles were usually spotted.

If you wish to report on the use of motorised bicycles on pavements or users riding recklessly, you can contact the nearest Neighbourhood Police Centres (NPCs). Alternatively, you can write in to the Chief Investigation Officer, Violation Reports, of the Traffic Police Department at 10 Ubi Ave 3 Singapore 408865. "