Chain Tensioner Enjoys ripping up tires!

GoldenMotor.com

Chrismbello

Nov 8, 2009
Gainesville
Anyone else hate these stock tensioner. They just went through 2 wheels of mine (one of which is 100$) and broke the spokes. I will probably be buying a new back wheel soon and bolt the tensioner into place because I don't know how to fix spokes like this. Anyone know of wheels that work well for them with the motorized kits?
How many wheels of yours have been destroyed by these blasted tensioners??

:-||
-Chris

asianflava

May 13, 2010
Colorado
Right out of the box, it looked a bit questionable, mine didn't even line up with the chain. I just made my own out of a piece of flatstock and Adel clamps. I used the roller from the kit tensoner.

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
dont know how well this will work yet i had problems with my scwinn riverside and i sold it before i perfected the chain tennsioner my new bike is a huffy cranbrooke i used a set of rimms from a 11987 murray street bike that i litteraly found on pittsburghs route 579 the shifter from the same bike and the brakes the main reason for the huffy frame is that the rear is the same size as the antique ten speed rim and axel same on the old mbs but the frame is slotted frame allowing me to adjust the motor chain by moving the rea wheel and the spring loded shifter handels the chain on the pedal side so i can pick the best gaer to run depending on how i choose the exaust im 265 pounds so i do have to help alot on the steep hills of pittsburgh and i know longer need the chain tensioner on the motor side as i can make it as tight or loose as i want by moving the rear wheel i willl