Stretch Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Rynos63

Nov 18, 2008
Strathmore, Ca
A friend of mine gave me this frame about two weeks ago. This is my first stretch... I thought I would share my work. When I got the frame the rear drop outs had been cut off to try to make it lower buy the previous owner. I think he was trying to use a 20" wheel ??? So that had to be fixed first. It's been fun trying to get the chains and tensioners to work out... Yesterday I started on the new tank and got the exhaust done.

Jesuswon1

Jul 25, 2008
This looks great!! I'd love to try my hand at a Stretch, I think that will be my next build!
Nice work on that front mount, looks creative!

A_DangerrX

Jun 19, 2009
Connecticut
That thing has a very sweet look, but just looking at it I'd be a little concerned about the mechanical stresses on the rear over time... the curve of the top stays is such that instead of exerting compression force on the top stays (like in a normal diamond frame), the weight the bike is carrying is going to want to bend them farther. Know what I mean?
I suppose other people have done this kind of this without problems, though, so I guess it must not be that big a deal.

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
i love the red, my favorite part is the random tools scattered about. (thats how all of my builds end up looking, a mess of tools)

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
That bike in sweet how does it ride, I need to do a stretch but I am always worried the drive like a tank. I to want to see some pics of the single or double cab in the background.....it looks nice!

.sno.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
Mine works like a charm, steers like a dream- more so than I thought it would... the 66cc engine makes it take off like a bat outta heII, and I can't wait until the slant head I've got on order comes around to shipping.. Using Opti-2 100:1 mix with premium gas, and haven't had a problem firing up at all.. I definitely need brakes put on, as stopping is a good thing at some point..

xct2

Rynos63

Nov 18, 2008
Strathmore, Ca
That bike in sweet how does it ride, I need to do a stretch but I am always worried the drive like a tank. I to want to see some pics of the single or double cab in the background.....it looks nice!

.sno.

Rides great, but the motor has allot of vibration at high RPM...

Rynos63

Nov 18, 2008
Strathmore, Ca
nice VW.
What tooth sprocket do you have on the stretch and what is your avg. cruise speed?
Is it about right or would you change it?
It's the 44 tooth that comes with the kit and I think it's just right. I would have to say avg. speed is about 25 mph or so. I haven't put a Speedo on yet that's just a guess...

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
on a few of those i noticed that the chain tensioner is on the drive side of the chain...(the top)...how is this working for you...does it want to move due the stresses on it???nice builds guys

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
Nice! I think I just picked what to build next. I keep seeing pics of stretch cruiser bicycles without the engine and I could never decide if it would look good motorized or not, now I know. By the way, love the custom tank and exhaust!