Electric Shifter Kit under $350!

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Folks,

Long time and no sales posts. Hard to believe this whole journey started in 2007. We are still growing, but really the core of our business is around the builder and beginning motorized bike builder. The last few years we have been asked to go to a huge trade show, and the whole timing thing didn't work out. This year, we have purchased a booth, doing the work (a LOT of work), and spending some real cash for the show in September.

OK enough about you, we have our 36V and 48V electric kits on sale. A pre-show sale. Just add bike and battery:

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=181

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=180

SEE US AT THE INTERBIKE SHOW IN LAS VEGAS!!!!

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
For those of you who have asked (or wanting to ask): This kit is very easy to install. Much easier than any gas engine, IMHO. It will work with most any bike.

Range is GOOD. Pedal just a little and see range really extend.

A 15Ah battery will work, but start with good batteries - I like 20 Ah and above.

We have plenty in stock, but going quickly.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Pablo: Hows the new controler compare to the old Kelly. I heard some had issues with the Kelly. I wanna do an electric build. Have frame set aside for it but torn between mid and hub. My frame is an OLD Specialized Ground Control full suspension. I'm thinking because of motor weight mid drive like yours would be best. Thanks.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
The Kelly could be problematic for some people who keep their bike in high gear and never pedal assist on take off. These folks figured since the motor would move them, it's OK to only use top gear. The unit would then shut down, or motor would overheat. We also had a few warranty issues and support from Kelly was impossible for us. The Cyclone controller is good so far. We've had only one warranty issue - naturally it's a customer in Australia. But Cyclone shipped a replacement directly.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just wondering if they are a problem with bikes that are in high gear how will they work with a fixed gear bike with a sidecar and a rider that will weigh in at 400 pounds for the combo. Sidecar passengers will be kids.

Probably best to use it and see if it fails.

Steve.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I imagine the motor uses a jackshaft and the gears are from your bicycles 5 to 11 gears, like the shift kit for the china girls? How is it in terms of power vs the china girl? mine will top out at 75kph (on a good day) and I ride around 50kph average, but my girlfriend has had nothing but issues with her gas bike, would this be able to keep her up with me?

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I imagine the motor uses a jackshaft and the gears are from your bicycles 5 to 11 gears, like the shift kit for the china girls? How is it in terms of power vs the china girl? mine will top out at 75kph (on a good day) and I ride around 50kph average, but my girlfriend has had nothing but issues with her gas bike, would this be able to keep her up with me?
The motor actually drives from the right side. Instant torque vs. IC engine. A 48V system with a strong battery and proper gearing and a rider under 150, will be pretty darn speedy. I am not saying it will keep up with a highly built 2 stroke engine at top speed, but acceleration will push you back in the seat.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
do you think mounting locations would be flexible enough (in a wide enough frame and long enough chain of course) to create a hybrid in this fashion?

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Your electric drive has seemed pretty impressive to me right from the start, Pablo.

I'm not in the market quite yet. But this item has been on my 'wish list'. I'm gonna do it. And it might not take long.

Nice stuff!