Now where that came from?

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I finally took the carb apart to clean it, and it was necessary but when I opened the floater area I saw those 2 pieces swimming around. I guess they belong to the part that connected with the floated but I dont see how I can use this here haha. Its been more than 10 years ago that I worked on Ourboard engines with carbs. Especially the clip interests me.

Is there a hole in that stick to hold it in position that I didnt see?

Thanks guys

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Wow, Now i just went to the basement & got 2 of my spare stock NT carbs, never torn apart but; funny one had the same pin ( missing ) but the other had the pin but no washer & pin clip on the end of it. I had issues with both spilling gas out of them; but didn't know how to fix them. I just ordered new ones cause they where cheap & the replacements work fine. Now that i'm tinkering with them they seem simple & easy to see how they work. I suggest looking on the end of the pin to see if it has a hole to place the micro cotter pin back in. Or iorf you have the cash, oRdr a performance carb from Dax. they are the ****. I replaced one & like hem better than the stock N.T. type. hope this helps u out. Later,,, Dirty

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
thats funny that i post something in the caribbean and somebody else somebody run to the basement and take the carb apart ;) the reason why i did it was because since i switched from syntetic oil to a cheaper one i was forced to buy? i have oil and gas coming out after its standing a while and i think it was from the carb. my guess is that the floater wasnt in the right place and gas kept getting in the carb nonstop. couldnt that also explain why it burns so rich? not sure about that but im pretty sure that gas kept getting in because of the floater and the parts that were not in place.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I think someone is playing with your head. I've had many, many NT carburetors apart and I've never seen those parts in any of them.

I will tell you that the silver colored pin should be pushed in further so it is equi-distant between the two towers that it slides into. Once the float bowl goes back on it can't sllde out in either direction. That washer and what looks like some kind of clip you found doesn't go in an NT carb. Did you buy the bike, or carburetor from someone or did you buy the engine new? The brass looks very old and tarnished as if it has had water or lots of dirty gasoline on it.

Tom

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
that bike was and still is junk in some parts that i didnt replaced yet. i think there was no part not falling apart and the previous owner must have been a total idiot. no air filter, no gaskets anywhere, chain lose, the only parts i didnt replaced yet are the frame, engine and the chain, which broke yesterday too. i know that the pin shoukdnt move once its centered. i took the pic before i put it back together. i personally dont think i need the clip, but the washer i used for the pin.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I think someone is playing with your head. I've had many, many NT carburetors apart and I've never seen those parts in any of them.

Tom
All NT carbs have those parts.
The tiny cotter pin and washer are on the end of the primer button shaft
to hold the return spring on.

His primer button is probably missing, it would be hidden behind the jet
in the pic above.

I have a few speed carb rebuild kits that have all those parts.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
All NT carbs have those parts.
The tiny cotter pin and washer are on the end of the primer button shaft
to hold the return spring on.

His primer button is probably missing, it would be hidden behind the jet
in the pic above.

I have a few speed carb rebuild kits that have all those parts.
MBR is absolutely correct. I totally forgot about that primer (tickler) thing. That's where they go and I agree also that the primer button is probably gone, vibrated out without the clip holding it in. In fact the spring probably pushed it out when the clip fell off.
Thanks, Niel.

Tom

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
now i just have to figure out which part is what of what u guys described so i understand whats missing where.
Next to the idle screw will be a hollow brass tube that goes into the
float bowl.
This is where the spring loaded primer button went and serves the
purpose of pushing the float down to prime the engine.

You don't need it so you can just block the open hole.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
There is a little hole and then there is the "thick needle" to open and close the fuel input. Everything seems to work and I cant seem to find where those parts go. I guess I dont really need them.