New exhaust i've never Seen!

GoldenMotor.com

What do you think of this Exhaust?, have you used it?, is she worth 46$ ? :)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mojo

Dec 26, 2011
33755 Clearwater Florida
What a hotie~!~,

yeah so i just test ran her, it had that Extra torque like when you remove the exhaust completely so take off was Great!, compared to my moded pocket bike chamber, i gained 4 miles per hour over the pb moded exhaust, its 10x quieter as well,

Size and fit, on my 26'' schwinn clairmont it fit PERFECTLY, just like a stock exhaust, goes more under the crank area though, the peddles are closer too the ground than the exaust!,

So no worries about clearance too ground or even bike frame for more than 80% of forum users using 2 strokes i would assume, not sure about Strechs and OCCs though,

like 1x louder than stock black cat so nice and smooth!, welds were great. Paint Was VERY VERY VERY **Poorly Done**, No questions asked you will need to repaint, it seems too have ONE layer of black bbq or engine enamal type paint sprayed at it from a can in 10 seconds, parts are hardly even painted and there are clearly paint drip trails lol,

But all in all the best buying exp i have had with ANY site so far, even those not related too MABs!...

Now sadly on my test ride my Classic NT carby freaking failed HARD, went great for a bit, than started too sputter like i was flooded, so i turned gas off then it just STOPPED!, so i looked down at my carb as i start coming too a Crawl,

and it turns out my whole push button primer deal on the NT Carb had simply vanished and gas was covering my bike tire and whole engine also soaked my left shoe and sock! lol,

But freaking great pipe, Great Price, Great Packaging, Great Shipping exactly 3 days free shipping, Great customer Service, Great Welds, Horrible and i mean like a 5 year old spray painted daddy exhaust while it was still on the bike then seen a butterfly and ran off in the middle type horrible paint job lol.

zpt

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I just placed my order through eBay for the chrome version, $47.98 shipped. I would have gone through the same site you did, but looks like they only have the black version.

The larger jets I ordered should arrive soon too, so that works out well.

Thanks again for trying this pipe out, definitely good to have bolt-on options!

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
According to UPS, my pipe should be here next Wednesday, woohoo! I already have my 0.72mm and 0.74mm jets waiting, thanks to SBP. Since I am running a little lean as is (not on purpose, just have not rejetted yet), I figure the new pipe will make me run really lean. So time to go bigger.

BTW, I ordered from the eBay user speeddemondotca, which turns out to be toys4boys. So the pipe on eBay *is* the T4B pipe, in case anyone was wondering.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Ok I installed the Chrome version. I received a few days ago but was busy so I've just had a chance to really test it out. I also put on a new air filter from Pirates the low profile type. The muffler looks nice in Chrome but has typical bad welding etc.. I matched the port up to the motor as best as I could with my dremel and then installed it with some new copper coating on my exhaust gasket.

Test results with new muffler and new air filter were not great. Going from the stock "Speed" air filter with holes drilled in the cover and the banana pipe I didn't see any benefit from the new muffler and in fact lost a good bit of power and top end.

Changed my plug to a BP5 and no better results.

Changed the jet back to the stock jet with no better results.

Took the air filter off completely and had slightly better results but still not as good as the stock air filter and banana pipe.

Guess i'm going to run some cleaner through the banana pipe and put it back on. Oh well I like how quiet this new muffler is but there just isn't enough hill climbing power and top end speed for me.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Thanks for the update! I will be going from the stock pipe to this one, so let us see if there is an improvement on mine. Otherwise, looks like the banana pipe or SBP pipe for me.

Right now I am running the stock exhaust and SBP high flow air filter, and am running a tad lean with the stock jet and NGK B6HS plug. I had planned on installing a 0.72mm jet at the same time I put on the new pipe, with the assumption that it will flow at least a little better than stock...

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Got my chrome version in yesterday, man this thing is small. It is maybe an inch longer than the stocker and looks to roll off the same assembly line. So last night I dremeled out the flange a bit (same thing I did with my stock exhaust), and mounted it up. One day I will spring for a "real" port matched flange...

The mounting went fine, but it was a close one. There is about 1/16" between the tip of the stinger and my Crow Cycles center stand. When the stand is up when riding there is plenty of room, but on the stand in the garage, it is tiiiiight.

A couple days ago I went ahead and went to the 0.72mm jet and the stock pipe still ran ok on it. Unfortunately since my kill switch died I cannot do a real plug chop. I took a ride this morning with the new pipe and it performed almost identically to the stocker... ugh. I did not have a chance to let her get all the way warm, so maybe she will liven up more after getting to operating temp. I will pick up a new switch to wire in for a kill switch over lunch so I can do a proper plug chop to dial in the jetting. But overall, I have the sneaking suspicion that this pipe will behave just like a stock pipe, but fancy looking.

The reason I did not opt for the SBP pipe was because I really am not crazy about the look of that pipe, nor the extra hassle of having the sections mismatched and connected with silicon, or having to get it welded. And I wish I was not scared of the Arrow Up-And-Over-Nut-Burner design. but unless something magic happens when I tweak with the jetting, I will probably be in the market for an SBP pipe. I will update this thread if the pipe does wake up!

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I've read a few times that you'll have to lean out your jetting with a chamber. Because you're now getting more fuel "pushed back" from the chamber pulse. You could try dropping your C-clip a notch or two before changing the jet, to see if that'll help your mid-range.

Yea that's a tight fit! You could grind an 1/8" off the tip, for "peace of mind" clearance, heh heh.

gl, thanks for keeping us posted.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
you could just cut that little nub off the end of the muffler for more clearance.
I'm curious to see if this pipe actually does anything, or if it just looks like it will.
i kind of like the looks of the pipe, but the muffler appears t be fully welded together.
I was thinking that you cold modify the baffle plate in the muffler for better flow, but you'd have to cut the end cap of the muffler off (not a bad idea).
If i had this pipe (i might get one) i'd cut the muffler cap off, modify the baffle plate and stick the baffle back up inside the muffler body with no end cap. this will make the muffler appear to be a big open pipe, and the baffle will be hidden up inside of it.
This is how i modified 2 stock mufflers, and they look really cool because they have a big open end, rather than the small little nub.
yes the baffle is up inside of the muffler body out of sight.

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Yeah, I was thinking about grinding the tip down originally since I thought it was not going to fit at all, but when I found that I had a sliver of space, I just left it alone. If the pipe does live on my bike for a while, I will take a small amount off.

Thanks for the tip on leaning the mix out, I was going the wrong way! lol. That is from my old 4 stroke days, where a new pipe over stock almost always meant having to richen the jet. I will try and get a real plug chop today if I can fix my kill switch and see where we lay. Since my C-clip is already at the leanest setting, not much to do there.

As is (and the same with the stock pipe) I do not get any 4 stroking at any throttle amount. When I drop the to second notch from the top, she's stroking... lol.

***** Update ******
Instead of doing the right thing and getting a kill switch over lunch, I just rode around instead, lol. Tried moving the c-clip down a notch for giggles, 4 stroking and bad idle. Moved it back up to the top notch and she purred like a kitten. Fully warmed her up this time and found my stretch of deserted road that I use for speed runs. I can usually hit mid-36 MPH tucked, hit 37 once. Today, hit 37.6. So looks like the pipe added about 1 MPH. We will see if there is anything else to be had once I get a plug reading, but so far looks like the $50 for this pipe might be better spent elsewhere, or maybe I just had a prototype BGF super-poo stock pipe!

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Wired up a new kill switch last night, then this morning rode around for a few miles, then when almost home home went WOT for about 10s and pulled the clutch and hit the kill switch.

Waited for the bike to cool, then pulled the plug. I would call this rich for a 4 stroke, but how does it look for a 2 stroke HT? The picture looks a hair darker than in the real world. I am running 32:1 synthetic in an NT carb, needle at the leanest setting, 0.72mm jet, SBP HD air filter.

No four stroking and everything feels fine. If the jetting is on, then the pipe feels a tiny bit stronger on the bottom end, less struggle from 10 - 15 MPH, and about 1 MPH extra up top.

Last edited:

spanners

Oct 5, 2011
east coast Australia
I've used the pipe on 4 bikes, it's the only after market pipe I've used so I can’t compare it to others but it did seem to give a noticeable increase in torque on hills. Its light weight and the sound of the pipe sold me on them, but I have no dough there are better pipes around. I paid $70au + shipping so the price you guys got them for sound great to me.