Help!! Screw isssue

GoldenMotor.com

jmr3394

Apr 5, 2010
U.S.A.
The screw for the plate that covers the small drive sprocket won't come off and I'm afraid I'm stripping it from trying to hard. It's the long one on the top right. The nut on the back is off but I still can't unscrew it. What do I do?

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Is the head of the screw made for a flat head screw driver? It is important to have the right tool for the job. The one above looks great but if you don't have one then try a bigger screw driver. Many times people use a screw driver that is too small. Use one with a bigger and beefier blade and a larger in diameter handle. I am talking about one bigger than what comes with a standard screw driver set.

wbelyeu

Jun 29, 2010
oklahoma city
if the impact driver or any of your screw drivers dont work or if you have stripped it out you can buy an easy out set at autozone or home depot. real easy just drill into the screw change to the easy out and drill again the screw will hopefully pull right out. i would suggest this as a lat resort you wanna try to save the screw if possible. the impact driver is your best bet and you can pick one up fairly cheap. good luck