Titan carb problems

GoldenMotor.com

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
My Titan will not idle anymore. It will run with half choke when warm, but I need to keep pumping it to keep it going.

I have removed the carb and tried to spray out the ports with carb cleaner, and took it apart as far as I could, but no satisfaction.

Anybody know which carbs would be a good replacement carb for this motor? Is there a Walbro replacement?

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Im not an expert by no means but just think of gas flow when thinking of a carb. If you need half choke to keep it running all the time then your carb is needing the extra suction your choke provides to get more fuel passing through it. Some where the fuel is being restricted in its flow to the cyclinder. Check your gas cap and make sure its venting and then go down stream checking the filter and the gas line. In the carb just make sure all passages are open and the float and needle are working properly. Make sure theres no gas in the float and that the needle valve is sealing and moves freely. I always use a fine wire to go through the passage ways and use wd40 to follow up with. Spray all your carb parts with wd40 to get any gummy residue off of them and the wd will not hurt any thing. A little air shot doesnt hurt either. I dont have a compressor but I use a can of air you buy to spray the dust off of computers and key boards it works great. Carbs on this type of equipment are simple creatures and can be easily repaired just take your time and you should be able to fix it. Good luck!

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Does your carb have two fuel lines a feed and a return?

On my gp460 running wot will blow off the crankcase pressure line.
Hella fast bike

Was a real bummer the first time.
I thought I blew the engine.

Check for free flowing fuel

I believe a titan engine has a filter in the tank?

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Before you send me your carb.. Inspect and clean the idle circuit. You need to remove the Black Plastic Idle set screw. Under that you will need to lift the black plunger out. This plunger has a super small idle jet and o ring. Inspect and clean. The O rings are subject to rot due to ethanol in the fuel. If this o ring is in bad shape, you can replace it with a slightly over sized o ring from Ace Hardware. Get the 4mm ID x 7mm OD x 1.5mm thick. Put a coating of WD40 on to the O ring which will allow you to seat it all the way back down. The O Ring is critical since it forces the Idle circuit to go through the Idle Jet or Slow Jet. With no O ring, the flow of Fuel will simply go around the Jet, by passing it and the Idle will be poor or non existent. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Before you send me your carb.. Inspect and clean the idle circuit. You need to remove the Black Plastic Idle set screw. Under that you will need to lift the black plunger out. This plunger has a super small idle jet and o ring. Inspect and clean. The O rings are subject to rot due to ethanol in the fuel. If this o ring is in bad shape, you can replace it with a slightly over sized o ring from Ace Hardware. Get the 4mm ID x 7mm OD x 1.5mm thick. Put a coating of WD40 on to the O ring which will allow you to seat it all the way back down. The O Ring is critical since it forces the Idle circuit to go through the Idle Jet or Slow Jet. With no O ring, the flow of Fuel will simply go around the Jet, by passing it and the Idle will be poor or non existent. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..
That is a VERY NICE fix.
Have you ever thought of a corner here devoted to ASK DAX for questions and easy to find answers for the titan engine ?