Speaker/Radio

GoldenMotor.com

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
I have just finished attaching a speaker to my MB that has a headphone jack attachment plugged into a portable radio. It is late, so I can't test the volume to see if my engine drowns it out, but it is very loud and I am confident. I will update with pics when I can.
Has anyone here tried this with success?

RaleighRider

Jul 3, 2009
New York
I hadn't thought about wind noise and you are right, it is the main factor keeping the music from my ears. At low-midrange speeds it is quite nice though, I will probably end up removing it soon to make room for something else.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I can't hear my earphones well at all while underway on the motor bike. Maybe you can figure out a way to make it work without turning up the volume to "Ted Nugent" levels.

SUNNYLAND SLIM

Aug 31, 2009
sunnyland
something I have a small clue on.Just remember I have only seen a MB going down the road I have not seen or heard one up close as of yet. I would think ofmounting the speakers in the front some how like on a Bagger. Like I said I have no idea of the weight issues so its a thought.I would to contribute what little I have to offer. I have been in the music industry for over 24 years.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just a side thought. Was behind a guy ridding a scooter and had his ipod or walkman on. He was head bopping along with the music. Failed to signal or hear the car horn from the lane he was changing to. Could have been bad if the car had not seen him and slowed down in time.

I really, really think any sort of additional distraction much less headphones is a bad idea. Just sayin'

I have yet to meet a MBer I didn't throughly enjoy and like. Don't want to lose any of ya.

I would only want tunes for stops at the park or what ever. (Where Mr Safety here enjoys a cold one. snork)