Big Boy Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
here in NZ, since July11 when they changed the law, to be road legal a moped must have brake light, tail light, front & rear brakes, horn that sounds to a certain volume, headlight that shines a certain distance, fenders, & turn signals.
Im thinking that one of these big boy cycles is the closet Ive seen to what could actually be road registered here in NZ. It would need a brake light that was actuated by the front &/or rear brake being applied, & turn signals.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I regret to say that I can't be there on the 7th like I said I would. Business. Sorry I will miss it :(
Would love to see and hear your bike.
You got another shot at a race on Sat June 2nd 2012.

The two Big Boys Timm and Roland at the last Grange race
with their trophy for the first gas bike in the Mid Range class.

Roland on the winning 117 cc bike.

Timm on the 49 cc which was the loudest bike at the track. Check out that exhaust. :D

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I just saw this in the Grange race thread! I almost fell off my chair laughing! I LOVE IT!!! I'll be searching ebay now for brass insturments. I would be tempted to name that bike the "Tromboner! "

Attachments

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Yea, I really had fun building that pipe. I was laughing so much that it was hard to work on!!

The bike actually runs pretty good with the trumpet (it's a stock bore/stroke Honda/Lifan 49cc with a mild cam). Nothing fancy, and not a big bore cheater motor!!!

The only problem I had with the bike was a Waaay too loose clutch setup, which spun off too much power (had no time to get that sorted out before the race) I'm also blind as a bat, so the bike's gotta be dialed in for me to have any chance against even a slow poke. (plus, at 150 pounds, the bike weighs more than I do!)

I had BIG fun though, and big thanks to Niel for organizing such a fun event, and not kicking me out of it for being too loud!!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
You gotta see this video of the SoCal Motor Bicycle Race at Grangé on 4/7/2012

The combined 11 hp and the Unliimited class is on the track when there is this
outrageous noise that distracts my buddy Nick who is taking the video.
The camera swivels and some wildman on a beast of a bike screams down the
pit road to the gate........:D

http://youtu.be/d7YAqaWP33o

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
You gotta see this video of the SoCal Motor Bicycle Race at Grangé on 4/7/2012

The combined 11 hp and the Unliimited class is on the track when there is this
outrageous noise that distracts my buddy Nick who is taking the video.
The camera swivels and some wildman on a beast of a bike screams down the
pit road to the gate........:D

http://youtu.be/d7YAqaWP33o
You are very welcome!

Roland

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If you stare really hard for 10 minutes at the second picture, you'll begin to see a motorcycle.