Still too green!

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Took a short trip today down a route I cruise quite often just to see if anything other then the corn and beans have began to show signs of fall. Things still pretty green, but I look forward to rechecking this same route in a few weeks from now as it will look totally different then I believe.
http://youtu.be/wzCcQRAAkhk

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Neat vid!
But how do you put up with all that traffic? :)

Was that from the sunglass camera? I remember that road from one of your earlier vids. Is that the road that heads south from 116 and London Mills? I'd like to see that big house on the right that you pass. The one with the steps coming down to the road. Typical Illinois farm country. Brings back memories, for sure.
Thanks.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That looks like the places I ride, the only thing is I have to load my bike in the truck to get there. The sun glasses do a good job for what we are filming, you did a good job of looking forward and not looking around like I tend to to. I had a heck of a time getting the date/time set on mine, I tried several times by the directions with no luck then finally found a YouTube video of a pin type camera with the same problem and got it set.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom

Two cars and a tractor is rush hour.lol
The video was taken from my video sunglasses. They do a bit better video then my 808 keychain camera, but not as good as my knockoff Emerson GoPro. The reason I use the glasses the most is that they are always taking video of exactly what I am seeing. Sometimes I get my other video cameras set too high or too low and they are either looking at the clouds or looking at the road, but if I was really trying to take the best video possible and capture some nice fall colors...I would probably use my Emerson video camera mounted on my helmet like I do on my gokart every once in awhile.
Yes..that video is taken on a road south of London Mills. If you use google earth...I head straight south off 116 and then take the very first left which takes you to the cemetery. Just a nice quiet stretch of blacktop for a short relaxing cruise.

Greg

The video glasses do a bit better when the sky isn't so blue and the trees are not so green. All that green and blue just kinda throws them off a bit. When the trees turn colors and the sun is behind some white puffy clouds...that's when they seem to do the best. I have a few video camera with the pesky time stamps. My time stamps are always off. Something I need to fix for sure.

Slogger

Yes...I ride thru some squatchy looking places. LOL

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Hadn't looked where you were and started wondering in the vid-
saw a characteristic clump of trees and guessed Illinois, maybe Iowa- Got it right- looks a lot like my native Indiana too, south of Indianpolis.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom
It appears as though I deleted it from youtube while cleaning up some old vids I had on there. Oops! Get time I will repost it and edit link above. Thanks for at least trying to look.lol

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom Allen

Every time I take a cruise out by the cemetery and see the stones of family, friends and neighbors...it reminds me that each day we have here on earth is a gift that should not be squandered. Was hoping that came across in the ending and it appears it did.

Thanks for the thumbs up! I will make sure you are invited to my Oscar party. LOL

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
S&G music just goes with this video so well. 'The Boxer' was a good choice. I've watched this vid several times and enjoy it more every time I see it. The geography brings back so many childhood memories. My grandparents, on my mother's side, had a farm in southern Illinois, near Mt. Vernon and when I was a youngster we used to visit them. Those corn fields, the black top roads, the small, friendly towns, the cemeteries and homes all are part of my early years and my memories.

It warms my heart to see that in all these years little has changed in heartland America.
Thanks again, Ray. I so enjoy your vids.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom

I have spent my whole life here..so I probably take some of the nice things here for granted, but seeing the same scenery all the time makes me yearn to see scenery that is absent of any corn. That is why I enjoy watching vids from my fellow motorbikers who live and ride in completely different landscapes.
In fact...I would love to take a Colorado ride. Perhaps a little John Denver "Rocky Mountain High" playing in the background as I motor along behind Captain America ?