what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

^lol

Just don't try and race a RZR-S.

Put 20 mi on it after I: cleaned both chains, adjusted the rear wheel, greased the throwout arm, clutch shaft, cleaned that cavity and cover, and adjusted the rear brake and both chains.

Took me the better part of 2 hours. lol But I was also helping dad with the water heater.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Rode it back and forth to work for the last time till Tuesday. Monday my replacement wheel gets here. I am having my wife take me to work the next two days, then sunday and monday I have off. So Monday I will be removing the back wheel with the broken spoke, then removing my gearbox to re-torque and possibly add lockwashers to my crankcase bolts, because I've detected a small oil leak. Then swapping everything over to the new wheel and putting everything back together.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Today I went to the postoffice and shipped off the last TWO CDI "CLONES" I had built and "TESTED" to a freind . So rode around the back out skirts of town cause it was such a beautiful day . Coming around back into town I spotted one those speed check trailers up ahead . Maybe a half a mile in front of me . Just then the Overland PD rip out in front of me and pulled the car way a head of me over. Now I'm at the trailer and its not reading my speed. It appears that cop was using the trailer in his speed trap. Then when I got home and opened all my mail and e-mail found I been given a instruction manual on how to install kickstand , like I'm a newbie or something . My chair suffered the worst when I fell out of it laughing my a$$ off.laff

Last edited:

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas

The weather is miserable out. It rained this morning and hot this afternoon. Humidity is awful. I just gave it a polish job and checked the nuts and bolts. Everything looks OK for tomorrow hopefully.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

I'm still working on it . Order a Xtra tall centerstand stand from CROW CYCLE CO. the other day and after placing my leed I browse through the other items that he has . I found this reallllllyyyyyy cool beach cruiser seat with three springs , so I'm "CLONING" the design and I think its definitely going to change the ride of blue . Back to the clone cave ! laff AHAHA.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

I put my motorcycle cover (yes its an actual motorcycle cover, doesn't mean I think my bike is a motorcycle, the cover itself was made for motorcycles) on my bike in case it rains before Monday. Since the bike isn't going anywhere till I make the necessary repairs, I figured why let it sit and get rained on. It seemed like it was going to storm when I put it on, and that was the original reason. It ended up not storming unfortunately, but I figured may as well leave the cover on till then.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Replaced the wide whitewall tires on The Pig II. They were much too "squirmy" feeling even at full pressure. They were too soft to give me the handling I prefer.
Swapped out for a plain hard knobby in front and a new street tread on the back.
Rides much better now.
Still breaking the new engine in and it still runs blubbery rich.
Already planning the new pipe.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

maniac, if you're ever in the market for some really durable street tires, the kenda k838's are on amazon for $15 and prime eligible (free 2 day shipping with prime membership). I have over 100 miles on mine (not a lot really, but enough for lower quality tires to start showing wear from motorized use), and they still look like they did the day I installed them. Just a little fyi fwiw ymmv lol k.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas

OK, from a post about a month or two ago I bought some tires. Last night I got some wheels. So I have a new set of tires and wheels ready when I need them. I can't appreciate ebay, amazon and this forum enough.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Went out for a test ride with my self made 3 spring beach cruiser suspension seat today . Man this changed everything about the way it rides now. For who ever interested in this, its a clone of Crow Cycles seat. It Reallllllyyyyyy works well. Built mine out of spare seat parts and no welding.

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas

You know what they say, "Without pictures, it didn't happen!"

Went out for a test ride with my self made 3 spring beach cruiser suspension seat today . Man this changed everything about the way it rides now. For who ever interested in this, its a clone of Crow Cycles seat. It Reallllllyyyyyy works well. Built mine out of spare seat parts and no welding.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

REALLLLLLYYYYYY, here's a novel idea since you want to call me out does the term photo album ring a bell ?laff

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Replaced the broken fuel shutoff lever on my carb petcock. Almost 3 weeks ago, I took a little spill and the lever snapped off. The petcock still worked, but was stuck in the ON position. I searched the net for a replacement, but none were to be found. I joined a minibike forum since my engine was originally from a minibike, and posted a thread asking if anyone knew where to find one. A member offered to send me the entire petcock assembly for free, and it got here today while I was at work. I was watching movies with the wife and only just got to it a few minutes ago. It only took a minute or two. Grabbed the parts, a flathead screwdriver and a flashlight, and it was done, son.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Didn't you mention that you're gonna hang the engine off the bottom of the tube? It's gonna make a killer look'n ride!!