rear suspension

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Yeah guys, I'm good at starting! This one might take awhile. I'm so undecided about using the 79 predator. For me its just so noisy. My lil hs142 just puts along so nice. Butttt the torque of the pred is sweet. No shift kit needed!

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That's a nice four link rear setup. The chain length changes less with the four link than with a three link setup and the chain tension varies less too.

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Got these for 10 bucks with the frame at a yard sale!!! Anyone know the brand name? The frame came with the wheels...looks old school. Eh..would I mount the backing plate arm..in front,behind or on the fork leg? I'm gonna mount the front drum wheel on my madwagon. Anxious to try it out!

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Got it..had to put on mag eyes..'arai' is the name on the arm. These wheels are heavy. Need a motorcycle brake lever to really stop. From what I find they came on a tandem bike. To me nice v brakes are 2nd to hydraulic. I'd like to try a pair of dolomite v's there like an 1"n1\2 longer.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Thx....my welding ain't pretty. Havnt had anything break......after riding del Rio I knew I had to have rear suspension. The green frame is built like I've not seen. The b.b looks like holes were pressed through and the frame components inserted then welded. It is also thick wall which will aid my welding abilities. I have nice air shock too. Hey curt I'm just gonna put the pred on. I removed the gov. from inside so that help the noise. Or ill just run the exhaust loud....

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
I haven't come up with how to finish the cut seat stays...i like the cruiser frame look but...now that they serve no purpose, maybe remove them??? Got a nice gusset w/holes for the top/seat post area. Any 's welcome..

Attachments

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
personally i would leave them, cut them back on an angle and put a small flat piece on the to protect yourself, and look somewhat original

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
I agree. The look is too good to mess with. Then ill be thinking of adding a bar of sorts to replace the bars I took out! So yeah ill finish as you suggest. Thanks for helping out.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hi Scratch

I like what you have going on there!!!
eager to know how it performs under power

I would keep the cruiser look maybe an in frame tank???

best

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
I hear you Scratch-- life is choices but also opportunity
maybe a fire extinguisher tank????

Scotto posted once about some tank work he did ---a piece of 4 inch by four inch aluminum tubing cut and bent accordingly -- maybe a nearby source to tig it if you are not able to????