I would SOOOO buy this...

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Oh man...When I was 15 years old I had one. Mine was maroon, not green, but I'd so like to have that bike. I mowed laws and did odd jobs to scrape up the $150. that it took to buy it but I finally got the scratch together and that 'Dapp' was mine. I traded it in for a new Triumph Bonneville. That was 1963. Wish I had it back too. I sold the Bonny when I went into the Air Force in late 65.

Neat find, Allen. Thanks for sharing. Brought back some memories, for sure.

Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Could you ride that to work? It would pay for itself in gas savings. You deserve to have that bike. That's what bank loans are for. Think of it as an investment. More certain to increase in value than most investments. Are you convinced yet? I could probably think up some other justifications...
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Cool seat. Dual exhausts! Just guessing, but I wonder if that engine is a Sachs. The head looks like one. German engineering, made to last and no doubt parts are still available. What a sweet bike...
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I seriously don't think the seller knows what he has. $1500 is an absolute steal for that bike. If I lived closer I'd jump on that puppy tomorrow.

Tom

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan
That motorcycle is awesome!! I have the day off work, Im tempted to make a run down to Indy! Seriously though, if you live near that bike, it would be irresponsible NOT to buy it, lol

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
I sent a email to see if still available about 4 hours ago. No response yet. Only a couple hours away and I nuttin to do today... It would be way over my head to restore, but what fun learning on that thing.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I like the bike the way it is, straight from 1952. My guess is that it wouldn't take much to get it going. Clean out the carb & gas tank. I'm sure there are clubs and internet groups for these in Germany, many of whose members will speak English and would enjoy helping you. If you get it then I hope you'll post a thread in the Tavern section here.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We have a German member here, Zundappman. I'm sure he could help.
I still say the price was either a misprint or the seller was clueless.

Tom

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
We have a German member here, Zundappman. I'm sure he could help.
I still say the price was either a misprint or the seller was clueless.

Tom
I don't know if the seller was clueless or not but I do know he said he sold to the first person. I was too late at 9:04 am.

Such a deal.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Well, some happy person is out in the garage this evening staring at his "new" motorcycle. May he give it the respect and attention it deserves and may the bike live on and serve him well. That bike had more appeal to me than a new Harley.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Well, some happy person is out in the garage this evening staring at his "new" motorcycle. May he give it the respect and attention it deserves and may the bike live on and serve him well. That bike had more appeal to me than a new Harley.
SB
Ditto & ditto, SB. I'd have considered myself fortunate to have gotten it at twice, three times the price. Wish it was my garage it was sitting in tonight.

Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
You could ride that for the next 30 or 40 years and then as a geezer sell it for a big profit. Better than a 401K and more fun to ride, too!
SB
Y'all are killin' me. Killin' me. Seriously though, I have wracked my brains for ideas on how I could get $1500 on short notice. The only thing that scares me is that I may learn that the bike was sold by the time I found the ad. It is an exceedingly good price for a bike I already know a bit about, and could have up and running in a short time.
To be sure, I do badly want it. But I may come to find out that somebody else already has it. (And I'm kinda scared to check.) :(

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I seriously don't think the seller knows what he has. $1500 is an absolute steal for that bike. If I lived closer I'd jump on that puppy tomorrow.

Tom
(Heheh) If I thought you could loan me $1500 until April 15th (when the IRS coughs up) I'd jump on that puppy tomorrow too (if it's still for sale, that is).