Austin TX GEBE rider

GoldenMotor.com

Tank85

Sep 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Hey,

I'm new to motorized biking this year. I have Golden Eagle Bicycle Engine kit on my GT Mountain bike.(4 stroke 35 cc) It has been great fun! I use it mainly to commute from South Austin to North Austin where I work. it's a 40 mile round trip! I put it together in early June and have put around 600 miles on it so far. I have been waiting for the HOT weather to break here, Plus 100 degrees for over 2 months!
I ran into another GEBE rider on my commute about a month ago. I was wondering if there were any other motorized bicyclists here in Austin? A Social ride would be cool.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I have a soft sot for the Gebe kit, as I built one for my pops. I only wish they would still offer the slightly larger displacement Tanaka (or Robin) for powering up hills. They make very little noise and seem to be very reliable.

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
I have a soft sot for the Gebe kit, as I built one for my pops. I only wish they would still offer the slightly larger displacement Tanaka (or Robin) for powering up hills. They make very little noise and seem to be very reliable.
Does anyone know why GEBE stopped offering the 40cc Tanaka engine?

I have ridden my 32cc Tanaka GEBE setup for 5000 miles with no problems. It's great.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum from Dallas. I'm sure you'll find other MB riders in Austin. Austin and San Antonio are the hot bed citys in Texas for MBs. Even up here in Dallas they're starting to show up.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. When I lived in AZ, I would occasionally commute 50 miles round trip to work. There was a traffic light every mile, so it was a bit time consuming.