Hi new from Tuscaloosa, AL

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Hey y'all just got the eBay engine kit on my walmart 29 bike. Since it didn't come with instructions I had to search and search. What oil do you use for these little engines. The chain did come off the sprocket once last night, I think it was wobbling right and hitting the rear motor mount, I grinded that down. The chain idler, it still confuses me. Seems like the chain has to much movement around there. Well I will post more in the forums, we just had monster tornado cut our county in half. Thats the reason I ordered the kit. But I must say it's really cool.

Jeremy

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Jeremy, welcome. Not sure I read you correctly but never run a 2 stroke with out oil. I am sure you knew that but just wanted to say. Oil, I use cheapo walmart stuff but folks who I greatly trust here, have me talked in to opti. Lots of great discussions around. The cool part of searching threw threads is will answer questions before ya have em. That and some great folks around who are fun to read.

Will drive ya nutz but you will get vastly differing opinions. But part of the fun of learning.

Welcome and enjoy Jeremy!

greenpower

Sep 23, 2008
Sunny & Hot Florida
Good luck! As far as oil goes the cheap stuff from walmart works fine! From an environmental stand point a full synthetic is best, I think. I am currently using Petron Plus which is mineral based and a little pricey. No matter what oil you are using buy a bottle of oil that lets you squeze out oil into a graduated section in the top that lets you measure as you dispense. These things are totally handy and easily refillable. I also recomend mixing one gallon of gas at a time this will last a long time!drn2