At 85 -Reverting to Teen Years!

GoldenMotor.com

jrsteiner

Mar 10, 2011
Maryville, TN
My name is John Steiner and I live in the foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains - prime bike riding country.

Since my teen's I have ridden a variety of two wheel machines: After my Navy experience, I got a Whizzer - rode it for a year or so and traded it for a Cushman - rode it for three years - then sold it.

In the meantime I have had Vespa's, Honda Dream Cycle, maxi-scooters: 650cc and 400cc. I sold my last scooter because of a physical problem that has since been corrected.

Now - at age 85 - I am in process of building a 4cycle 49cc motor on a GT-1 bicycle - almost like the Whizzer of my teen-years.

This is a great site - I have learned a lot from those of you who have contributed your knowledge - and need to learn more - so stay turned!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome John.
You might have the record for our oldest member...but not by much. There's quite a few of us grey bearded gear heads here. You're in good company.
Post a photo or two of your project bike. We like seeing what others are doing.
Have fun and ride safe.
Tom

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I am constantly amazed by the ages of the members of our group.

I expected to be the oldest by far when I first came here at 48

And by the way
Growing up is for suckers

jrsteiner

Mar 10, 2011
Maryville, TN
Thanks to all for your warm greetings. There are indeed a lot of neat folk on this site.

Bill - Congrats on your GT2. I do not know what motor you will use - I am working on 4 stroke EZ. I had trouble with the rear drive sprocket - the holes of the one in the kit did not match with the one on the bike and I had to enlarge the hole in the one that came with the kit. I also had to toss the engine mounting bracket and used instead some alum angle. This project is coming along. Hope to have some pictures when I learn how to upload them.

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
If you go into post a comment where just above were you type there is an icon of a paperclip. click on it. a blouse bar will appear. click browse and it will let you select pics from your computer files...... Btw i will be mounting a 66/80 starfire....now get them pics up....