First one. Ugly and smelly, but I love it!

GoldenMotor.com

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I like it, but be careful, those bikes tend to have very slim stays and the tensioner is more than likely gonna give you problems with the stock mount.

tudorvintiloiu

Apr 19, 2010
Romania
Thanks everyone. I've done about 15 miles on it's first day. Runs ok.. kind of rough sometimes, but I'm sure it needs to be broken in.
When i got home and checked everything.. all of the mounting nuts, exhaust and intake nuts.. everything needed to be tightened. Good thing I checked. :)

Safe riding!

Tudor

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
I put a little loctite glue on all my nuts,I have a year plus on the bike and all nuts are still on tight.By the way Tudor the bike looks great,good job...

tudorvintiloiu

Apr 19, 2010
Romania
I'm seriously considering replacing every single nut and bolt that came with this kit. They truly are of very poor quality.

The thing you are referring to is an old dynamo that powers my front headlight. Nothing fancy.

Tudor

meno

Jan 1, 2010
Australia
That thing on the front wheel is a Dynamo. When I was young (and thats a long time ago) Thats how we powered our lights back then it used to make the bike harder to push. No longer a problem with a china doing the work

tudorvintiloiu

Apr 19, 2010
Romania
I paid $200 for the 49cc engine (that's the price in Romania) and some $50 extra for the new tyres and saddle. The bike was my old broken down bike from when I was a kid. :)

It's kind of frustrating for me to see the nice improvements some people put on their bikes, custom parts, chain tensioners, sprockets, etc. and there's just no way for me to have them shipped here.

I'll just have to find a way to build my own. :)

Cheers,

Tudor

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
have you had trouble with the stays? and did al...

have you had trouble with the stays? and did all you need come with your kit?=nuts,and,bolts ect.? if not what else did you need ? looks like another bike i bought ,, might put an skyhawk in it

tudorvintiloiu

Apr 19, 2010
Romania
I didn't have any trouble installing the engine. Everything you need comes in the kit. Including nuts and bolts, but they are poor quality and they strip easily.

By far the worst part of the kit in my opinion is the chain tensioner. I'm looking into alternatives to change it myself. It's a disaster waiting to happen..

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
A lot of people, myself included, do not run a tensioner. You can use spacers at the rear motor mount to move the motor forward in order to take slack out of the chain. There are a whole lot of posts about the chain tensioners. Some make a custom tensioner, some run without but almost all of us agree, the kit supplied tensioner is junk.