Glendale w/fredhead

GoldenMotor.com

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Finally got a Fred head on my Glendale and I ported and polished the ports it's sooooooooo much faster now I also drilled some holes in the baffle and tip of the exhaust it sounds pretty good. It's a lot faster now to tons of low end for trails those Kevlar tires are amazing.

Last edited:

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Very cool. I like that chain guard. Gives it a modern look. And the Fred head looks great. I wish CR would make one for my 48.

One suggestion though. Clean up the cable mess up front there. I know it's nit-picky, but a good-looking bike like that can look even better with properly routed cables and loomed wire. She'll be a show stopper.

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Yeah I want to clean up the wires thinking about how I'm going to go about it because some of them came to long maybe I'll do it over the weekend I did notice I made a mess of the kill switch wire.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Oh no, I wouldn't do that, you will get a performance upgrade with that pipe. You will notice the difference right away! The header is a short one, the shorter the header is the more top end you will get and the longer it is the more low end you will get.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have the same pipe but mine came without a muffler. I have since added a muffler for street use but I do remove it if i go trail riding or the track.

My experience has been that the muffler cuts performance more then I like when I want to ride my bike hard.

As Tyler has said that pipe does add more top end. I cut and modified mine with a longer header to get a better balance between low and high.

Took me a while of cutting and welding different header lengths and tuning the carb for every change. But after a while I finally found the correct header length that worked for me.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Dave----How long did your header turn out to be? Mine is pretty long, about 16", I get tons at the low end but my power band ends before I reach wide open. I was thining it could be a bit shorter but figuring out how to change the mounting of it doesn't seem worth it to bother, besides, I'm perfectly happy maxing out at 34mph, I can go from 0 to 25 in about a second.