automatic china girls on ebay?

GoldenMotor.com

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
hi as the title says does anyone have one of these? they are supposed to be new for 2014 and i just fit one to my bike. seems ok at the moment.

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
I mean automatic like a moped (rev and go) no clutch. well their is still a clutch but its only used to start the bike then u just leave the clutch alone and rev and go and when u want to stop u just stop u dont need to pull the clutch in like normal

J0sh

Jan 12, 2014
Calfiornia
I mean automatic like a moped (rev and go) no clutch. well their is still a clutch but its only used to start the bike then u just leave the clutch alone and rev and go and when u want to stop u just stop u dont need to pull the clutch in like normal
0-0 I thought that was how a normal one was.

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
And no I didnt pay that much for it lol the seller has revised the listing since I bought it. I paid 118 for it which is just under the going rate in the uk for these kits.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
hi as the title says does anyone have one of these? they are supposed to be new for 2014 and i just fit one to my bike. seems ok at the moment.
Just another full of crap ebay China girl seller. :)

Absolutely nothing new about this centrifugal clutch add on.

It is a 69cc if his 47mm x 40 mm is correct and I doubt it but definitely
isn't a 80cc and it is a cheap China made kit.

BS Liar said:
THESE ARE NOT CHEAP CHINESE COPYS

POWERFULL 80CC ENGINE

WE DONT SELL ANYTHING SMALLER THERE JUST NOT UP TO THE JOB

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Is this somehow different from the standard centrifugal clutch unit that fits the HT engines and has been around for years?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
So out of curiosity if you built a bike with a motor set up like that with a jackshaft, out of an Autobike like this how do you think it would work out?

View attachment 67282
The Autobike went out of business and was taken over by LandRider. I've got a LandRider which shifts 5 gears automatically through a shiftkit. Been riding it for four years now. I don't know how the Autobike might work but my bike shifts quite smoothly. I figured out a way to modify the LandRider derailleur to work on an internal hub as well. Will be building another bike using a 5 speed Strumy Archer hub with autoshift soon.

Last edited:

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
Ahhh sorry I didnt realise these had been around for a while. Huh bloody ebay strikes again. So are these engines ok? If im honest I prefer the standard clutch as it pulls better off the mark although I have not had this for long so it may improve with time.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Sorry, not intending to threadjack here..

I met the guy selling that autobike this afternoon. He let me have it for $150, since it was a 40 minute drive to meet him.

I wish I'd had my camera on me (charging in the car).. he has a small barn/large shed packed with bikes, parts, wheels.. there was a narrow winding walkway (sort of) through to the back wall.. bikes were piled as tight as they could be from the walls out, hung from the rafters so tightly together you'd probably have to take down 10 to get to the one you want, and they were piled in the loft above that as well. I could spend a week in there and probably not get to the bottom of the pile. Most of them were mountain bike and hybrids of them. Peeking out of a pile is something that I'm pretty sure was an old Colson cruiser.. there was a quad-bike frame in another corner.. (shakes head) What should have been a 10 minute stop and go turned into an hour or so of poking around. I have his number, and I told him I'll be in touch when I need something.

So, returning you to the thread now.. ;)

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand

Forget automatic China Girls, what you need is a French one.
Absolutely great for motorising a tandem with the advantage that you don't need to conscript a stoker. A few more old clock parts and once I get this old article in a pre-war magazine translated I'll be good to go. :D