Another new member

GoldenMotor.com

psychoholiday86

Nov 20, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Hi, eveyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself.
My name is David, I'm 26 years old and I live in Mesa, AZ.
I currently own the 80cc/66cc setup on a black Schwinn beach cruiser and I've been using this forum as a reference guide since before I even purchased my kit. I've had a lot of fun with this build and even did a couple upgrades as well. I can totally see myself dumping way too much money into this. One of my neighbors already paid me to build him one and his friend wants one now too. I'm going to spread the addiction.

(Pictures up soon)

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY
David, that's awesome. I did the same exact thing recently! What kind of upgrades did you do? I just upgraded the chain tensioner and spark plug and wire.

It's addicting. Mo-biking is popular in Arizona I guess because there's a lot of you guys on here.. Do you ever see people riding these around? How did you learn about them?

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I think these bikes are so popular here because, with our climate, we can ride year-round (^)

welcome from FH :)
if you ever get out this way, contact me, and we can go for a ride !!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum, David. We're glad you've joined and that you were able to use the information available here for a successful build.
Get those photos up as soon as you can. We all like to see what the other guy is doing.

Tom

psychoholiday86

Nov 20, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
My modifications are nomoreflats foam tube replacement,re-torqing all bolts, NGK plug, baffle removed from exhaust, ported intake manifold (mainly grinding down the big bump where it bends), installed 1/4" brass fitting in the intake for a home made boost can, and the best mod so far, Dax RT (runtong) carburetor upgrade.

Attached is a teaser photo.

Attachments

BikeBerryJen

Engine Diva
Oct 25, 2012
SoCal
Welcome David! This forum is an outstanding source for information and inspiration! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your bike!

daxtitg

psychoholiday86

Nov 20, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Bill, that's true even without the motor because A) people tend to install them wrong a lot B) since they're universal, it's easy to accidently buy one in the wrong diameter. I made sure mine were nice and snug though and I did a lot of "tests" to make sure I'm as safe as I can. The ride quality definitely suffers when it comes to bumps, but I hate getting stuck. I even carry a small tool kit that can maintanence virtually any part of the bike in case of trouble. Can anybody recommend some good tires/tubes? I was probably gonna get something that is kevlar lined and use the extra thick slime brand tubes...

I'm really having fun with thing though. With the RT carb I really have to watch my speed now. I put in the 70 jet to start out with because it seemed to be the best option for most people. One strange thing I did notice though is that the NT carb responded to the boost can a lot better than the RT carb did. The RT carb actually bogs a little with the can.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I am using thorn resistant tubes from wally world (the really thick ones)
and Serfas City Drifter 26 x 2.0 tires (hard/long wearing rubber and flat resistant)
$32 each at the LBS ;)