cherokeemotorbikes

GoldenMotor.com

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
***Ears Perk Up*** You said Grubee V twin? Link and pictures Please I definately want one...

Oh and by the way Welcome...

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Ahhhhhh A picture.... Sweeeet but better TIG that frame instead of braze (if that is what you did) with that monster on it...

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
K just saying personal opinion.... Brazed frames went out many years ago in favor of the stronger welds that can be had with a MIG or TIG. I just am too old to recuperate easily from the injuries a broken frame could cause.

cherokeemotorbikes

Jul 9, 2011
Texas

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Very cool project !! Wanting to see this one come together. Just My 2 pesos but that bike is screaming for a round in frame tank, lay back post and flipped bars.

cherokeemotorbikes

Jul 9, 2011
Texas
Okay, so here is the deal... I am in the process of building a production line of the Cherokee Motorbike... What you are seeing is the prototype coming together. I have built the crank cases smoothly blending 2 cranks with 1 clutch flywheel. Over the next few weeks I will be posting pictures as I go. This week I will be continuing the process of the the mock-up build... I should have the bike totally mocked-up in about 2 weeks. If you want to see my target look just pull up the 1903-4 Harley. My goal is to have the first bike in 30 days and be on line with cherokeemotorbikes.com which will be active then. If you want to know more of what I do in the way of metal. I am the Artist/Designer for Cherokee Ironworks. Thanks.... @ panther.... You are right! @ wheelbender... thanks for the drool..... @ chinagirl... Thanks!

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
K just saying personal opinion.... Brazed frames went out many years ago in favor of the stronger welds that can be had with a MIG or TIG. I just am too old to recuperate easily from the injuries a broken frame could cause.
I think it'll be okay. Of course this, too, is just a personal opinion, I admit. But I took a long look at the picture. If the tubes are as thick as he says, well, it is a partially lugged frame - bottom bracket all points, head tube both points, seat post at top tube and at bottom bracket. My only area of concern would be the seat stays and, if there's a cross-member behind the seat post like it looks like in the pic, he should be alright. That's some heavy lugging even if it is just brazed.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
I think it'll be okay. Of course this, too, is just a personal opinion, I admit. But I took a long look at the picture. If the tubes are as thick as he says, well, it is a partially lugged frame - bottom bracket all points, head tube both points, seat post at top tube and at bottom bracket. My only area of concern would be the seat stays and, if there's a cross-member behind the seat post like it looks like in the pic, he should be alright. That's some heavy lugging even if it is just brazed.
Allen wrench you may well be right but I would not chance it especially if I were planning to market this thing as he says he is. 1 injury suit because of a broken frame no matter if it was the riders fault for jumping curbs or what not on a brazed frame could be verrrrra expensive to defend when the industry standard surpassed brazed frames 40+ years ago. I really dont think it would be defendable most lawyers would tell you to pony out the checkbook and pay before it went to trial.

cherokeemotorbikes

Jul 9, 2011
Texas
Mark,

I thought real hard before making my decision... I am staying with the pedal bike setup.... I like the looks of the motor though.... Just not what I am doing... Still thinking 1903-4 Harley look......