This motorized bicycle rider is going to kill it for us!

GoldenMotor.com

ballermj23

Dec 3, 2009
San Fernando Valley, California
well i just saw this guy on a motorized bicycle passing my work... I saw him after i heard the 2 stroke engine...

This guy was in a parking lot driving kinda fast, but worst of all... He Drove right up to the SIDE-WALK... at like 15-20 mph... he wasn't even wearing a helmet of any kind.

I just don't want him too mess it up for me. I drive my motorized bicycle to work most of the time.

Have you guys seen and stupid MB riders around your area?

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Re: This MB rider is going to kill it for us!

I'm the only one in my area, but I'm a respectful rider(I think). I always wear my helmet and use hand signals, and I've even gotten some thumbs up from the local OPP.

That guy you saw is a slacker and cops will single him out and should not bother you if you're respectful on the road.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

There are so many MB's riders in Tucson and many of them are idiots. But what are you going to do? All I can hope is they get busted and there bikes taken away and hope it does not reflect on us that do obey the law.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

i agree with Dave. there's a few new guys around here with no helmets, lights, no plates, and they're always running stop signs. the stop sign thing is kinda funny, because in Costa Mesa, almost every street ends up at the beach, so there's always people riding bikes there, and the local car drivers seem to have a lot more respect and patience for bikes. they almost always wave you through at 4 way stops.

when i'm pedaling, i run them all the time. if no one's coming and there's no cops around, who cares. but when i'm on my motorbike, i stop, put my foot down, and look both ways before crossing.

on my bicycle, a cop would just yell at me. with my motor, i'd get a real ticket, so i make it obvious that i'm stopping.

uh, where was i going with this?

oh, just ride safe and smart, and the cops (probably) will leave you alone. just look at how many drivers are breaking the law and acting like idiots in their cars. they haven't outlawed automobiles yet...

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Me, I have to say a little prayer every time I see a kid in our neighborhood riding a 49 cc pocket bike up the street, usually toward oncoming traffic. He doesn't seem to hear it if we yell at him. No helmet. Cops should spot him any day now. I know kids do stupid stuff, but jeez. I worry about that one.