some general help please

GoldenMotor.com

grovejorge

Apr 1, 2009
miami
hello everybody, i have some general questions about tuning the engine. right now my engine is running a little strange, if it is in gear and i am NOT accelerating it continues to to accelerate, also if i drop it in to idle the rpm is waaaaaay to high. if i adjust the choke it seems like its either not enough or too much the engine either turns off, or if its enough gas to stay on the problems remain. can anyone help me out?

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
hello everybody, i have some general questions about tuning the engine. right now my engine is running a little strange, if it is in gear and i am NOT accelerating it continues to to accelerate, also if i drop it in to idle the rpm is waaaaaay to high. if i adjust the choke it seems like its either not enough or too much the engine either turns off, or if its enough gas to stay on the problems remain. can anyone help me out?
Sounds like your throttle cable or slide is sticking somewhere.Apply a dab of lube in the cable sheath,if that doesn't work apply very light lube on your carburetor slide..

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Sounds like a air leak between your intake and carb. That would be a good place to start anyway. Known for causing erratic idle such as described.

You could also grease inside the upper and lower mount brackets and the inside of the inner twist grip to help achieve a nice throttle response. When installing the throttle, have the cable mount tab of the inner twist grip pointed upwards while tightening the upper and lower mount brackets. When installing the throttle, have the cable mount tab of the inner twist grip pointed upwards while tightening the upper and lower mount brackets. The inner twist grip is sensitive to forward pressure and it can lose its forward stop if installed wrong.

Hope this helps.
Justin

Last edited:

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I have encountered this problem before. Definitely I assure you that it is an intake leak that causes the high acceleration and engine could not idle. First make sure that all parts and jets from your carbs are clean. Do not always assume that it is clean once you open from the box. Then get your self a fresh Carburator Union washer from DAX ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2 and a new gasket. If it still did not work replace your intake and the same time replace the intake studs and bolts. Good Luck.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
Because you said by putting the choke on it shuts down it might not be an air leak. I would check the throttle cable and carb slide first. If all is good then an air leak it is.